Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Bluebonnets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

redi

2013 P85+
Aug 31, 2013
DFW, TX
Anyone know of any calm bluebonnet fields within, say, a 10mi radius of DFW airport? They're fading fast, I know.

While only slightly OT, I like to take pictures and some of the pics will probably include my MS.

Thanks for any local pointers.

Hmm... not exactly 10 miles away from DFW, but I've seen bunch of them along 114 (coming from Southlake towrds TMS and I-35 W). A buddy of mine says there's a display across from Alliance Airport. I also see them along North Loop 288 and Mayhill Rd in Denton (despite construction). None of these spots would be easy to park a car for a photo op though.

Thanks for the info. As always - trying to find one with reasonable access, relatively close to home, level ground, without superhighway traffic whistling by at 75+... the holy grail during our short wildflower season.

We found a large field of bluebonnets off of 114 next to Texas Toyota of Grapevine last Friday. We parked in their parking lot next to the field and took several pictures. There were were a few others there doing the same thing. Here's a pic I took Friday:

Attachments

• 20180413_132920.jpg
    20180413_132920.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: redi and arcus
We found a large field of bluebonnets off of 114 next to Texas Toyota of Grapevine last Friday. We parked in their parking lot next to the field and took several pictures. There were were a few others there doing the same thing. Here's a pic I took Friday:

Thanks for the point-out on this location. It was close enough and good enough to get the job done!

IMG_7090.JPG