Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DFWM3

Plaid Red/white+black wood21 no FSD RN115 del 9/23
Jun 30, 2018
Texas
Would like to start a thread on Modlel S deliveries in the DFW North Texa area.

I am a model Plaid + convert, ordered Plaid + Battery Day 9/22/20 order number RN 11395XXX. Converted to Plaid 6/21/21 by Tesla. Pearl White black/white interior CF 21" no FSD. Had a EDD of July until july 31, EDD disappeared, got an email 8/10 apologizing for the delay and my date had been updated, still no EDD. 8/11 EDD is now February. Dodged a problem, almost sold my existing car in July in prep for delivery, now really glad I didn't. Interested in knowing how our deliveries go in the DFW area and would love to see pictures of your new Model S LRs and Plaids. Please post your order numbers for reference. Thanks and good luck.

Reactions: doc5339
Not sure the geographic area you are in makes much difference. I also ordered a Plaid Plus on battery day. Then I ordered a Plaid car on the day it was announced. Eventually, Tesla refunded my $1,000 deposit on the Plaid Plus
My Plaid order is a white car with white interior , 21 inch wheels , carbon fiber accents and FSD. My order kept slipping out until I finally got the same email you did apologizing for the delay and estimating mid November delivery. Unfortunately, I had sold my Raven Model S so I was one car short and facing a long term car rental . My sales person at Tesla told me that the delays were associated mostly with the white interior cars. I guess they have a shortage of white seats or some other white interior pieces. He also said that carbon fiber interior parts were scarce and causing delays.
Now the good news. One of his customers canceled a Plaid car that had a VIN and was on the way to South Florida. Same car that I ordered but black interior instead of white interior. Although a black interior would be my third choice for color ( due to the hot weather in my region), I grabbed that car. My order was switched and I should take delivery next week. Fingers crossed.

• Informative
Reactions: Aleks0404
As you are probably aware lots of speculation that deliveries are being prioritized to orders placed against the new base price. I just placed an order for a Plaid last night and got a delivery window of Sept 16-30. My previous order was placed at the old price. Yes there is a difference in color. MSS vs. White.

Ordered in December 2020, had EDD of Feb 14- Mar 14.

Afer being told in March that production would start in a couple weeks by SA in Southlake, and I would be one of the first to get a refresh, I listed my 2013 Model S for sale. The new buyer picked it up April 30, and loves it.

Since I chose the “trifecta” of 19 inch wheels, white interior, and red color , as well as being an LR rather than Plaid, I’m sitting with an Oct 9 - Oct 29 delivery. Since I’ll fly in from Amarillo, will pick up at Cedar Springs location.

Reactions: cwanja and Tigers
Ordered in December 2020, had EDD of Feb 14- Mar 14.

Afer being told in March that production would start in a couple weeks by SA in Southlake, and I would be one of the first to get a refresh, I listed my 2013 Model S for sale. The new buyer picked it up April 30, and loves it.

Since I chose the “trifecta” of 19 inch wheels, white interior, and red color , as well as being an LR rather than Plaid, I’m sitting with an Oct 9 - Oct 29 delivery. Since I’ll fly in from Amarillo, will pick up at Cedar Springs location.

We've got the same build my friend. It's going to be the best!

Newbie here. First EV car. Just received mine - LR in black, with tan interior and 21" Arachnid wheels. Ordered May 2021, took delivery last Thursday (Aug 19). Pretty seamless process, but it did feel like I was picking up a rental car. Couple of wet signatures, and off I went. Fit and finish is excellent, apart from the weatherstripping on two of the doors, which are a little janky.

IMG_6117.jpg

Newbie here. First EV car. Just received mine - LR in black, with tan interior and 21" Arachnid wheels. Ordered May 2021, took delivery last Thursday (Aug 19). Pretty seamless process, but it did feel like I was picking up a rental car. Couple of wet signatures, and off I went. Fit and finish is excellent, apart from the weatherstripping on two of the doors, which are a little janky.

View attachment 700761

Attachments

• IMG_6121.jpg
    IMG_6121.jpg
    881 KB · Views: 143

View attachment 700761
Congrates! Very nice. 👍

I ordered a Model S LR with 21 rims in April and had delivery about 6 weeks ago. Still working through all the delivery issues as the Plano service center is backed up 4 weeks or more. Does anyone have a recommendation for Paint Protection warp in Mckinney, Frisco , Plano area? I want to get my front covered and already getting a few small chips after 2000 miles.

Would like to start a thread on Modlel S deliveries in the DFW North Texa area.

I am a model Plaid + convert, ordered Plaid + Battery Day 9/22/20 order number RN 11395XXX. Converted to Plaid 6/21/21 by Tesla. Pearl White black/white interior CF 21" no FSD. Had a EDD of July until july 31, EDD disappeared, got an email 8/10 apologizing for the delay and my date had been updated, still no EDD. 8/11 EDD is now February. Dodged a problem, almost sold my existing car in July in prep for delivery, now really glad I didn't. Interested in knowing how our deliveries go in the DFW area and would love to see pictures of your new Model S LRs and Plaids. Please post your order numbers for reference. Thanks and good luck.
Repost below from the Model S Refresh delivery page. Where is your pickup location? Mine is Oak Lawn so with some time to kill today went by today.

Not sure where you are in Texas but drove by the Dallas Oak Lawn store this afternoon in hopes that my car was waiting there on me. There were at least 7 new Plaids in the overflow lot. Most were 21s and a variety of colors.

RN1147 MSM/19/Cream/Walnut EDD Sept. 17-30

Cedar Springs location. Yes lots of Plaids, the newest ones had better fit on the hood, the ones last week needed major realignment to the hoods especially passenger side hood. The latest today had a paper hanging in the rear window titled "BEST FIT" do not realign.

Reactions: Robertyu
I have my delivery appointment set for this week, and they list 8687 N CENTRAL EXPY, DALLAS, TX 75225, but that just looks like a mall gallery From Google maps. Do they actually deliver new cars out of that place? I’m driving my trade up from Houston for delivery and would hate to go all that way and they have the wrong place listed For delievery.

I have my delivery appointment set for this week, and they list 8687 N CENTRAL EXPY, DALLAS, TX 75225, but that just looks like a mall gallery From Google maps. Do they actually deliver new cars out of that place? I’m driving my trade up from Houston for delivery and would hate to go all that way and they have the wrong place listed For delievery.
That's Northpark Mall and Tesla has a Gallery there. There's an area in the parking garage with Teslas and seems like that's where you'd pick it up from.

I ordered a Model S LR with 21 rims in April and had delivery about 6 weeks ago. Still working through all the delivery issues as the Plano service center is backed up 4 weeks or more. Does anyone have a recommendation for Paint Protection warp in Mckinney, Frisco , Plano area? I want to get my front covered and already getting a few small chips after 2000 miles.
Sorry, my brain went to screen saver when you said "ordered April, delivered July" ...

Oh, right, paint protection. Try Sebastian Gamez with Southwest Auto Detailing. He did my ceramic on my cars. I'm not 100% he does PPF but ask him. He'll steer you in the right direction anyway.

Sorry, my brain went to screen saver when you said "ordered April, delivered July" ...

Oh, right, paint protection. Try Sebastian Gamez with Southwest Auto Detailing. He did my ceramic on my cars. I'm not 100% he does PPF but ask him. He'll steer you in the right direction anyway.
@SailorDave - I just reached out to Sebastian for my new car. Indeed, he does do PPF. Here's his contact - https://swautoshield.com/

Best of luck.