Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Paint Protection, Tinting and CQuartz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery a few weeks ago and this is who I choose to perform for paint protection and CQuartz.

Paint Protection -
Norm Schilling
Owner and Installer
Invisibra
2530 Tarpley Road Suite 100
Carrollton, TX 75006
(214) 704-9299
Invisibra - Highest Qualtiy Clear Bra in Dallas

Auto Detailing -
Kody Keuter
New Image Auto Detailing
817-235-1734
New Image Auto Detailing

Here is Kody's response to my email:
Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM
To: JOSEPH BUSCH
Subject: Re: Paint protection

Hi Joe - thank you for your email and congratulations on your new incoming Tesla! It sounds like you're asking all the right questions for protecting your investment, the right way.

Here are my thoughts:

If money were not the object what would you recommend?

This is simple for me. I would go Invisibra and have the entire front end (bumper/fenders/hood) covered in self-healing film. I would go Tritek Window Tinting and have the windows tinted. I would then have me do the finishing touches with CQuartz Finest (info CQuartz Nanotech Ceramic Automotive Paint Coating) on the paint/wheels and Wolf's Glass Guard on the windows.

This ensures the entire vehicle is properly protected and extremely easy to maintain in the future.

On a limited budget what do you recommend?

I would opt for my entry-level detail (packages) known as the Fulfillment detail. This decontaminates the paint (yes even new cars need this) and lays down a synthetic sealant that lasts up to 6 months.

Do you do window tinting? If yes, what do you recommend? If no, who do you recommend?

I would recommend Tritek Window Tinting (link above).

On CQuartz and other nano technology what happen in 2 years? Is a new coat applied and how does the old coat get removed or it the new done over the old?

After two years, or whenever the coating fails (it can last longer with proper maintenance), the vehicle would need to be decontaminated, polished (to remove any remainder of old coating) and then reapplication of the coating.

How many Model S have you done and are you confident you could do a great job?

I have done 3 Teslas to date, all receiving paint correction and coating. If I can do a black Tesla, one of the worst car/color combos for detailers, I'm plenty confident I can handle anything.

I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently, please don't hesitate to ask more. Again, congratulations on your new car, I look forward to working with you in the near future.

Have a great night.

Kind regards,

Kody Keuter