TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

DFW Test Drives

Discussion in 'Texas' started by cab, Jul 26, 2018.

1. cab

cab Member

This may be common knowledge, but in case it isn't, they appear to have started giving Model 3 test drives here in hte DFW area. I have one scheduled for Saturday out of the Northpark location and was in the Southlake gallery tonight and they now have a test drive car (possibly 2) out back ( a blue one and a red one). They also have a red one (which looks sharp) in the showroom now instead of the MSM they originally had.

The rep at the Southlake store didn't know if they were rear or dual motor cars, but a quick poke of my cell phone camera underneath both of the cars our back showed they were RWD units. As an aside, my test drive at Northpark is also going to be a RWD unit even though I am more interested in a dual motor car.

• Informative x 1
  2. Charlesc83

Charlesc83 Member

I stopped by Plano Legacy West and signed up for test drive Monday morning while we are in town.

3. cab

cab Member

Did our test drive yesterday. Easy process and a decently long drive (my wife and I both drove a little bit). My review (and comparison to my own P85+) are here:
    Model 3 LR RWD test drive (Dallas)...and Comparison to P85+

I am still hoping to get a test in a dual motor car...although I suspect "performance" cars may be made available for tests before regular dual motors are. Heck, I'm actually considering a Turo rental just to further flush out the "issue" areas I experienced.