TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DFW Window Tinting

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Thundalicious, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

Any recommendations for MS window tinting in DFW?
    Estimate on price?

Thanks!

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

#2 Rockster, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Earmark Car Audio, 708 Valley Ridge Circle in Lewisville, did a great job on mine. They installed my dashcam, too. I'll edit this post with details when I get back to my computer.

Time passes...

FormulaOne ceramic film, 30% on the sides, 15% on the rear, and "clear" on the windshield. Total cost, parts and labor, was $666.32, work performed 14 months ago.

3. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

Thanks!

4. Boourns

Boourns Member

I got Huper Optik installed by Pro Tint in Plano 3 weeks ago. It was $399 out the door for sides and back (no pano or windshield). The only option for windshield they have is Air 90, and I believe they charge $150 for that. Overall they did a good job. My only complaint is that it cured VERY slowly, so you will have bubbles for 2+ weeks. So far they have nearly all disappeared over time, and I expect that they all will eventually. So overall I would recommend them.

5. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

I plan to get all my work done at Speed Shield as they are Tesla experts and come highly recommended from many here as well as local people I have talked to.

They are in Addison. Check out their FB page for an idea of their work and see all the Teslas.

6. Boourns

Boourns Member

^ I believe they are one of the few places in DFW that can install Photosync. So if you want Photosync that seems to be the consensus place to go. I will probably take my 3 there once I take delivery.

7. wlciii

wlciii Member

I went to AltaMere on Lemmon and Wycliff, just down the street from the SC. Dan there took great care of me. $399 for ceramic 30% on sides and 15% on rear. Done in less than 4 hrs. Easy.

8. tt300zrcr

tt300zrcr Member

talk to david chukman at tritek he does all my vehicles and did awesome job.

9. chris5639

chris5639 Member

Any idea what they charge for 4 windows and the hatch?

10. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Sorry, not as of yet as I havent gotten my car. I just have heard multiple people here mention them as well as follow them on FB and their work looks fantastic and multiple Teslas always on there.

11. Boourns

Boourns Member

They quoted me $675 for Photosync. The windshield was $395 extra.

12. JMG

JMG Member

Speedshield in Addison. He does probably as many Tesla's as any shop in Texas or the entire south for that matter. It would be a rare occasion to go there and not see a Tesla either in his shop or being dropped off/picked up. He did mine and I'm very happy, along with a full wrap. I paid him a small fortune for the entire package, but I'm very happy so far with the tint and the wrap. Will probably let my front end get a few more nicks/scratches in the wrap over the next couple of years and then go back and have them redone.

13. chris5639

chris5639 Member

Thanks for the info. That's not too bad. I emailed them but never got a response. I guess sometimes you just have to pick up the phone :)

14. Boourns

Boourns Member

^ Yeah it took them probably a week or more to respond to my email. I was just about to call when I got the response. If you want to get it done ASAP, I'd call for sure.

15. chris5639

chris5639 Member

Yes, I like to do this asap. Any idea how long the tinting takes? Without wrap? I'm trying to work out logistics of dropping off the car on my way to work and taking an Uber or something

16. Boourns

Boourns Member

Pro tint took just under 2.5 hours to tint the 4 windows and the back hatch. They have wifi so I just worked from their lobby.

17. chris5639

chris5639 Member

Awesome. Thanks! Oh, did you get it done at SpeedShield or ProTint?

18. Boourns

Boourns Member

I went to Pro Tint for Huper Optik. If you want Photosync you have to go to Speedshield. I don't know of any reason why one should take longer than the other, though.

19. DtxP90DL

DtxP90DL Member

My car is at Speedshield right now. The presentation was excellent, I will report back on the final product.

20. chris5639

chris5639 Member

Love to hear back. I have my appointment with them this Wednesday. I'm doing PhotoSync but not bothering with the windshield.