Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DHL has lost my Wall Connector Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a wall connector from the Tesla website a few weeks ago. Long story short DHL has lost the package - they're unable to locate it in their warehouse and are now reviewing CCTV. They haven't given me a timescale but by the sounds of it it's not going to be a quick process.

Based on your experiences with Tesla Customer Services do you think they will ship me out a new one while DHL investigate? The whole thing is pretty ridiculous really - I'm driving a lot for the holidays and going to a supercharger every single time is becoming frustrating.

I would say they (Tesla) wouldn’t replace it as they have done nothing wrong, it’s DHLs fault. Personally I would buy another and then send one back if and when both arrive. Option 2, wait.
As @boombap posted the contract is with Tesla. There's no doubt on this one as it's standard consumer law where non-delivered items are concerned. (If no joy with Tesla despite this then credit card company will refund.)

I'm driving a lot for the holidays and going to a supercharger every single time is becoming frustrating.
Surprised if you could get a Tesla wall connector fitted so quick if you didn’t already have a scheduled install.

That aside, as suggested above, buy a second one then return/refuse/cancel the other when the appropriate parties get their act together.

UMC may be a useful option in some circumstances. 10A is very underrated ;)

Reactions: Js1977
I would say they (Tesla) wouldn’t replace it as they have done nothing wrong, it’s DHLs fault. Personally I would buy another and then send one back if and when both arrive. Option 2, wait.
Tesla is not DHL for sure but Tesla has ultimate responsibility for their shipping partner. In this case the Wall Connector customer interfaces with Tesla not Tesla's shipping partner.

Reactions: Js1977 and boombap
Counterpoint: Tesla haven’t fulfilled their end of the contract. OP has no contractual relationship with DHL. However long DHL take to compensate their customer (Tesla) is - or should be - irrelevant to the OP.

Tesla should send another charger to the OP and deal with DHL per their usual terms.

It's as others have said but you do need to ask for a timescale from tesla. a week is not unreasonable but your luck is as mine and these things happen at the most awkward times. Just be calm and reasonable when you talk to them. It's not their money so dont give them any excuse to be a jobsworth. Just think of it as a test to your patience. Also as suggested, use the umc as much as possible if you can as to ease the burden (if you can)

Purchased a wall connector from the Tesla website a few weeks ago. Long story short DHL has lost the package - they're unable to locate it in their warehouse and are now reviewing CCTV. They haven't given me a timescale but by the sounds of it it's not going to be a quick process.

Based on your experiences with Tesla Customer Services do you think they will ship me out a new one while DHL investigate? The whole thing is pretty ridiculous really - I'm driving a lot for the holidays and going to a supercharger every single time is becoming frustrating.
Best to contact Tesla first instead of waiting for replies here

Reactions: init6 and Adopado
omg...
I just would like to see the situation if you buy anything from Amazon and it fails to deliver (happened to me - it was "delivered, but I could not find it anywhere) and then What amazon does in such situation? They just send you another item. as it is purely Amazon's fault.

Tesla SHOULD send you the new one and then sort it out with DHL, not you. You are a consumer, you are protected by law.

omg...
I just would like to see the situation if you buy anything from Amazon and it fails to deliver (happened to me - it was "delivered, but I could not find it anywhere) and then What amazon does in such situation? They just send you another item. as it is purely Amazon's fault.

Tesla SHOULD send you the new one and then sort it out with DHL, not you. You are a consumer, you are protected by law.

100% - problem is too many companies seem to think once the item leaves their warehouse its not their problem anymore. Point in case I've got a £90 bottle of perfume that Royal Mail have lost. The company just keeps responding with BS template emails saying check the tracking info and contact royal mail yourself.

So now i've raised a claim via paypal which from experience, will be in my favour.

Not saying Tesla will do the same as I've not heard of anyone dealing with them over this, but, its certainly a trend that needs to stop.

DHL wrongly delivered my mats to someone else and refused to cooperate, so I had no evidence to give to Tesla. The photo they gave me of the delivery had no meta data, so I couldn't see if there was any location recorded.
I work for the company that provide them with their drivers mobile computers, since it has gps/navigation there is no excuse for the errors they make during the last part of the journey.

I was talking to a DHL driver and he said that the system they use often crashes so they have to resort to manual processing. Not sure if that's the same system your company provides, but it seems to be a well known problem amongst the drivers and their managers.

DHL wrongly delivered my mats to someone else and refused to cooperate, so I had no evidence to give to Tesla. The photo they gave me of the delivery had no meta data, so I couldn't see if there was any location recorded.
I work for the company that provide them with their drivers mobile computers, since it has gps/navigation there is no excuse for the errors they make during the last part of the journey.
I once had a DHL parcel show as delivered, but it never arrived. Checked on the tracking and it showed:
  • A GPS dot halfway down the road (I live at the very end, can't miss it)
  • A picture of someone waist down standing in a doorway with the parcel at their feet
  • Same picture also showed the house number next to the door. Which was blatantly not my house number.
DHL used to be good, now they seem to be heading down the same route as Hermes/Evri(parcel lost)

The OP should contact Tesla, it's on them to ensure it's delivered. None of this "re-order" horlicks.

Screenshot_20221230_082701_Chrome.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Skie