Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DI_a124 and APP_w009

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way to work when I disengaged TACC, the above error alerts popped up (Cruise control disabled and Automatic emergency braking is disabled).

Then the interface doesn't show other cars or cones, just lanes. Could not use TACC or autosteer.

Used the car again at lunch time some hours later. The error was still present then went away maybe after 2 minutes of the drive. Appears ok for now.

After some digging it appears when this error occurs and presented to service they claim firmware bug that will resolve in next firmware update. However this has been occuring for others many months back. From reports it goes away and returns.

Any others that had these errors recently? I would like Tesla to be aware in case it returns. Would it be best to make a service appointment just so they document it?

On 2022.28.2

Just got this albeit only "cruise control disabled" Dl_a124.
Did you get anywhere with it?
The following day the errors went away, and so far, has not returned. Service center gave me the same canned response about firmware bug. However this "firmware bug" has been around many revisions ago so not sure why it still hasn't been resolved. Which firmware are you on?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
We got these - of course, on one of only 2-3 long trips we take every year, 170 miles from home at night.

This occurred with software 2022.36.6. Installed 2022.40.4 a couple of days ago, but haven't put many miles on the vehicle.

We did book a service appointment - it's in 36 hours from now, so we'll see what they have to say.

Another symptom in addition to those mentioned - high beams flashing on and off (this was at night). They would come on for half a second, go back to normal, and back and forth for a minute until we figured out how to override them to shut auto high beams off. This was in the early evening on I-95 in Connecticut, so not a good time to annoy the people in front of us.

Because the visualization went offline, I remembered a similar issue over the summer that supposedly was related to difficulties managing the external flash drive for collecting sentry+event video, so I pulled that in New Haven. We got another 60-70 miles with no issues at all, then the flashing full-screen alarm that Autosteer has been disconnected and to take control immediately (cruise control disabled as well). As with other reports, next drive session everything is back. Have seen only one alert since then but no drives > 30mi, so we're going to keep the service appointment, though no problems since 2022.40.4 install.

(I've reformatted flash drive, which was "full", but I'll hold off reinstalling until this seems resolved.)

This is an old thread but it’s still an issue in the UK. Whenever this happens the only way of resetting it is stopping the car, putting it in park, taking off the seat belt, open the driver door (only), get off the driver seat, then this will reset the cruise control etc that is blocked.

I can’t wait until they fix this issue it’s very annoying.