Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Does anyone know the number of the male 22 pin EDR plug for Tesla 3?
IMG_20220525_143526.jpg

Hello

Does anyone know the number of the male 22 pin EDR plug for Tesla 3?View attachment 848887
See connector tabs in this Gsheet?

FYI: I’ve been told by my supplier that the Tesla Roadster (and pre Sep 2015 Model S) diagnostic connectors and pins are now ‘end of life’ and no longer being manufactured. They are selling their remaining stock but won’t be able to replenish after that.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash
I have a Sept 2015 build, 2015 85D.

I only have a little round connector in my MCU1 cubby area. Already ordered adapters based on age of car and the obd2 plug, can't use it now?

Attachments

• 20221129_173856.jpg
    20221129_173856.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 20221129_173959.jpg
    20221129_173959.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 73
I also have the OBDLink-LX and have used it in the past with "Scan My Tesla" app. I haven't gotten around to connecting it up yet to my new 2022 S (I have a number of other scan tools). I couldn't find the specs, but I suspect it can support 500 kbps. It's the app that controls it. I should have it up and running within a week as part of another project I'm working on and will try and report back success/failure.

We are still waiting for you to report back on what you've learned.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Does anyone know if the 2023 MS Palladium have anywhere a second diagnostic port?

I would need access to two ports at the same time, one for OBDLink MX+/ScanMyTesla and one for using adapter which controls XBB/light bar. I need power and access to CAN information. I've been swapping the adapters to the port below the phone chargers but that's not very convenient. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the 2023 MS Palladium have anywhere a second diagnostic port?…
I think it is unlikely that any Tesla cars have two diagnostic ports. You could buy or build a splitter if you had room to put both devices in the same place. I assume the voltage drop would be similar to putting two devices in in two different places. It seems unlikely that there is another unused port, but if you really wanted it in a different location, there’s probably places where you can disconnect something and use an extender that has an open connector in the middle.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I think it is unlikely that any Tesla cars have two diagnostic ports. You could buy or build a splitter if you had room to put both devices in the same place. I assume the voltage drop would be similar to putting two devices in in two different places. It seems unlikely that there is another unused port, but if you really wanted it in a different location, there’s probably places where you can disconnect something and use an extender that has an open connector in the middle.
Actually Model 3 and Y 2022 --> have two, one in the front right footwell and one in the back. And yes, for both of them you need to use an extender.