Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dickinson, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, Hysham would be better than Bighorn or Custer, splitting the difference between Miles City and Billings and having an easy space for a supercharger. Does an actual honest to goodness human being scouts these locations, or is it full self-driving? The geography of the region does not always translate well to the rest of the country. A city on the map does not always mean a city on the map...........meaning, don't take that literally.

Ok, let's compromise. Let's say one SC in Glendive and one in Miles City, just as the good lord intended. By the way, I stopped off in Bighorn a few days ago and.........seriously? I had forgotten, Bighorn has one wide-eyed cow standing guard, a shed, a few rusty vehicles parked strategically in a trailer field, a ranch on the horizon, all topped off by an abandoned church and abandoned roadside commercial building from the 70s. If you call that a road.........perfect! Not even a paved commercial lot. Custer at least has a restaurant with a lot and an ICE station.
It's quite likely that no one from Tesla visited this area before deciding to put the Coming Soon(!) dot on the map.

Reactions: SammichLover
The Fargo site was going to be West Acres Mall (where the other chargers are) and now it's nowhere near that, down by the Costco just off the interstate is flagged. Until they get the agreement and the design, I suspect nothing is cast in stone. Biggest issue would be power feed I assume.

Ok, let's compromise. Let's say one SC in Glendive and one in Miles City, just as the good lord intended. By the way, I stopped off in Bighorn a few days ago and.........seriously? I had forgotten, Bighorn has one wide-eyed cow standing guard, a shed, a few rusty vehicles parked strategically in a trailer field, a ranch on the horizon, all topped off by an abandoned church and abandoned roadside commercial building from the 70s. If you call that a road.........perfect! Not even a paved commercial lot. Custer at least has a restaurant with a lot and an ICE station.

Nah, put a stake in the heart of ICE, and put the Regina SC connector station in Williston. Watford would be even more interesting, but there really isn’t a crossroads there to serve multiple routing options.

• Love
Reactions: sdoorex
Nah, put a stake in the heart of ICE, and put the Regina SC connector station in Williston. Watford would be even more interesting, but there really isn’t a crossroads there to serve multiple routing options.

As much as I'd love to see Williston (add Buffalo, SD and Weyburn, SK for that CanAm Highway goodness) get a supercharger, I think Minot and Estevan, SK are more likely candidates. At least Williston now has some ChargePoints at the electric co-op.

Reactions: Utah John
As much as I'd love to see Williston (add Buffalo, SD and Weyburn, SK for that CanAm Highway goodness) get a supercharger, I think Minot and Estevan, SK are more likely candidates. At least Williston now has some ChargePoints at the electric co-op.
Agree with this but I think both scenarios are unlikely. Obviously I-94 hasn't been a priority even when it would give them considerably good PR by "completing" the interstate system. Providing a convenient connection from Saskatchewan to I-94 and/or lighting up US Highway 2 in ND have to be an even lower priorities. As an aside, Highway 2 in NE Montana is one of the most desolate parts of the US. Even ICE drivers have range anxiety there.

Agree with this but I think both scenarios are unlikely. Obviously I-94 hasn't been a priority even when it would give them considerably good PR by "completing" the interstate system. Providing a convenient connection from Saskatchewan to I-94 and/or lighting up US Highway 2 in ND have to be an even lower priorities. As an aside, Highway 2 in NE Montana is one of the most desolate parts of the US. Even ICE drivers have range anxiety there.

The Highline as its called by many in MT is exactly that, desolate. US2 is a drive and a half. Spend many times seeing more trains than cars. Some really nice people along that route. I stop in diners and have some conversations that are out of this world. Havre has some real issues going on. Starts in NY, disconnects then restarts in St. Ignace MI. Can take it all the way to Seattle, but I stop just west of Glacier. I will drink the boot if I see a supercharger on US2 in Montana in the next 5 years.:)

The Highline as its called by many in MT is exactly that, desolate. US2 is a drive and a half. Spend many times seeing more trains than cars. Some really nice people along that route. I stop in diners and have some conversations that are out of this world. Havre has some real issues going on. Starts in NY, disconnects then restarts in St. Ignace MI. Can take it all the way to Seattle, but I stop just west of Glacier. I will drink the boot if I see a supercharger on US2 in Montana in the next 5 years.:)
Do you have an English translation for that? I think I started off well but got lost.

Do you have an English translation for that? I think I started off well but got lost.

Shoot the boot or drink it. Is often a bet between two parties. Involves pouring a beer in ones boot (often cowboy). Then drinking it. As in I don't ever see it happening. If I see it I will shoot the boot.

Never lost that bet. If I do see a supercharger on US2 in Montana I will shoot the boot.

Havre a town along US2 has significant drug problems. Meth is a scourge.

Trains go along US2 in NE Montana. You can drive along with a train that has cars miles long and go along with that train for a long way without seeing another car.

Desolate. As in most of the towns and gas stations can close at 9pm or earlier. I once spent the night in a gas station parking lot waiting for it to open. Some are 70-80 miles apart. Make some bad calculations you will be SOL till morning.

Highline is the reference name for that road. As it travels high next to border (30 miles or so) for all across the US. Not that the people are high, but could be.

Hope my gibberish post to english explains it all.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX and lensovet
Reddit post, (credit: overview for barnesuser28 )

Dickinson, ND supercharger progress. The first construction site in the state!

km2kohci9yq31.jpg

Just a wee bit off topic, and more than a wee bit east:

Has anyone ever visited the Reagan Missile Silo site outside Cooperstown? I have wanted to visit this National Historic Site for decades! I swore to myself that once Tesla finished up North Dakota with Superchargers, I would make an excuse to head to The Peace Garden State to take the tour.

Would it be worth my while to visit? Much thanks!