Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dickinson, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You start by saying US2 is getting supercharged in 2020. Then you list a bunch of supercharger locations (some already open and some in construction or permit stage) that may be tangentally along US2 but were put in place to serve various interstates and other purposes. I have seen no evidence that US2 travel will be enabled by superchargers any time soon. If you have evidence, please provide it.

I also only see US2 locations being used as a drop down from major cities in Canada or the TCH. While I would love the Highline to be fully charged, I don't see it in the cards anytime soon. Would like to see 94 finished, and a couple other spots.

Reactions: sdoorex and PLUS EV
You start by saying US2 is getting supercharged in 2020. Then you list a bunch of supercharger locations (some already open and some in construction or permit stage) that may be tangentally along US2 but were put in place to serve various interstates and other purposes. I have seen no evidence that US2 travel will be enabled by superchargers any time soon. If you have evidence, please provide it.
He did say quietly. I didn't even know there was a US2. I followed that winding road and also counted 7 or 9 SCs. I wouldn't hold my breath for many more soon.

Lighten up Francis.

If there was a highway that was a poster child for 'never gonna happen' it would be Route 2. Your keen eye has noted that all those superchargers are actually at intersections of Route 2 and other highways - and yes it's clear that the superchargers were put there to serve these other routes. NEVERTHELESS, a Raven S could do this improbable highway with a sense of adventure and an occasional use charger plugged into a NEMA.

My expectation is a lot of these 'pickup highways' will see Supercharger support by the time CYBRTRK is delivered. So no I was not targeting this summer or even next to turn the switch on for route 2, mostly I was seeing how close they were to supporting this very improbable route, and it was a lot closer than I imagined it might be.

Frankly I am looking forward to Highways 50 and 6 in Nevada, as that is closer to me now, but I am fond of Route 2 across North Dakota, even if I have to go to Fort Peck to get that Lake Sakakawea feeling from my childhood.

Stopped by the Dickinson site today on the way to St Paul today. Note the brown walls/building in the second picture - there are several boxes of electrical equipment and cables inside that are new. I would not be surprised if we see some action here very soon. I will stop by the Bismarck/Jamestown/Fargo locations on the way home today and see if anything new catches my eye on the way to the Alexandria charger.

Since it appears that the Chademo charger in Moorhead may be down temporarily wish me luck!

Attachments

• 040011D3-E396-40C9-8276-DDEA6B455882.jpeg
    040011D3-E396-40C9-8276-DDEA6B455882.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 241
  • A8A4D9BA-DEF1-4CB4-B7B8-EE707CFAE5A5.jpeg
    A8A4D9BA-DEF1-4CB4-B7B8-EE707CFAE5A5.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 219
Stopped by the Dickinson site today on the way to St Paul today. Note the brown walls/building in the second picture - there are several boxes of electrical equipment and cables inside that are new. I would not be surprised if we see some action here very soon. I will stop by the Bismarck/Jamestown/Fargo locations on the way home today and see if anything new catches my eye on the way to the Alexandria charger.

Since it appears that the Chademo charger in Moorhead may be down temporarily wish me luck!

FYI Fergus Falls has a Chademo I used this weekend since Fargo was down.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and CarlB

Not actually new. Those were installed/dropped off at the same time as everything else. The last thing completed was the landscaping. We just need the inverters and pedestals dropped off.

But yes... we are supposed to be very close (for the 4th time). Stop in and say hi if you are passing through and want to have lunch or something! :D Myself and another owner just gave a test drive to a family and then our Tesla tech stopped by to say hi (total coincidence!)

Did some work in Prairie Hills Mall (property where the SC's are going to be) last Thursday. Talk to the manager of the mall. She said after talking with Tesla last that the equipment probably wouldn't be there til march or early april do to the cold. They don't like pulling wire when it is below 20F. She also said she had been working with Tesla to try to make this happen for 3 years and was "promised" Dickinson would be the first in ND to get the equipment and become live. They are going to start in the west and move east on 94. Makes since now that I see Miles City got their equipment!

I will be driving from Denver to Bismarck next Monday. I will charge in Spearfish SD, then head through Dickinson. I drive a Model 3 Performance. Where is the best place to charge in Dickinson since the SC isn’t operational yet?
Dan Porter Motors (Honda/Toyota) has a new 7.4kW charger available to the public if you need that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dickinson is finished as far as hardware. We are waiting for MDU and Tesla to finish. Only in a 3 year process that I've waited 6 years for does a pandemic show up and prevent ND Superchargers lol.

There are actually two Mexican restaurants fairly close, El Paricutin is more authentic (hence why more Mexicans are there) and El Sombrero which is toned down for American bland tastes :)