Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did 2020.8.1 disable full screen ABetterTheater.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love ABetterTheater.com because I use it all the time to watch Plex as Tesla does not have a Plex App.

I noticed something odd with the 2020.8.1 update in that it no longer allows full screen mode with the instrument cluster being turned off when you try to activate "full screen mode" in ABetterTheater.com.

Has anyone else noticed this or figured out a workaround?

Wish Tesla would release a native Plex app that works in full screen mode.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
I love ABetterTheater.com because I use it all the time to watch Plex as Tesla does not have a Plex App.

I noticed something odd with the 2020.8.1 update in that it no longer allows full screen mode with the instrument cluster being turned off when you try to activate "full screen mode" in ABetterTheater.com.

Has anyone else noticed this or figured out a workaround?

Wish Tesla would release a native Plex app that works in full screen mode.

I did a couple thumbwheel reboots and logged back into abettertheater.com and I was able to get full screen working again.

There's a bug in that through the browser, it may occasionally fail to go full screen.. launching the YouTube player from the entertainment menu, and then searching for Plex.tv will get you the ad for Plex.. click it and you'll head straight to the Plex website...

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
There's a bug in that through the browser, it may occasionally fail to go full screen.. launching the YouTube player from the entertainment menu, and then searching for Plex.tv will get you the ad for Plex.. click it and you'll head straight to the Plex website...

Would rather prefer if Plex did not have to pay for an ad click each time I use Plex... Just trying to be conscientious with another business's money :)

Even after rebooting, ABetterTheater.com still does not go full screen for me when I want to watch Plex.

is there something I can do to make it work reliably? This started happening after a recent update.

• Disagree
Would rather prefer if Plex did not have to pay for an ad click each time I use Plex... Just trying to be conscientious with another business's money :)

Even after rebooting, ABetterTheater.com still does not go full screen for me when I want to watch Plex.

is there something I can do to make it work reliably? This started happening after a recent update.

You can find one of the Plex videos (from their own YouTube channel) and click the link out from there.... I was just mentioning the ad because it started showing up for me the past couple of times when the browser launch method failed... My go to before that was first the Tesla tutorials (you can use one of the external social media links on the Tesla website to get to other things), after they added YouTube, that became easier...

You can always set up your own YouTube video with a bunch of links in the comment to go to sites.. or go to Google for YouTube and search for anything (Plex)...

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
You can find one of the Plex videos (from their own YouTube channel) and click the link out from there.... I was just mentioning the ad because it started showing up for me the past couple of times when the browser launch method failed... My go to before that was first the Tesla tutorials (you can use one of the external social media links on the Tesla website to get to other things), after they added YouTube, that became easier...

You can always set up your own YouTube video with a bunch of links in the comment to go to sites.. or go to Google for YouTube and search for anything (Plex)...

Thanks! Has Tesla done something to disable the ABetterTheater full screen functionality?

A shame because ABetterTheater used to be such an elegant way to access Plex in full screen mode.

• Disagree