Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did 65 become an unknown number to AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
Something new has shown up for me in 2022.36.20. I'm curious whether others have noticed similar errors.

Most of I-5 in southern Oregon has a 65 mph speed limit. There are a few miles as it passes through Medford where it drops to 55. In prior releases, when the car was on AP and got to the 55 section, it faithfully read the sign and lowered its speed setting. A couple miles later it saw the 65 sign, and bumped the setting back up to 65. All good.

But in this version that's all only half true. It still recognizes the 55 sign and slows down. But it's now ignoring the 65 signs and continuing at the 55 setting. The little speed limit sign in the UI still shows 55, so it's not just that it didn't speed up; it thinks the speed limit is something that it isn't. What's really weird is there are speed limit signs on both the left and right as the freeway goes up to 65, and in the visualization I can see it recognizing them as 65 signs. But that info isn't getting passed along or acted upon. This happens both southbound and northbound.

The signs haven't moved. They are clear to read. Very odd.

Could you see the sign as you were passing it?

I've been driving when I knew a speed limit change was coming up, then a truck pulled up next to me, so the sign was blocked as I drove past it. I couldn't see it. The car couldn't see it. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to override that.

Could you see the sign as you were passing it?

I've been driving when I knew a speed limit change was coming up, then a truck pulled up next to me, so the sign was blocked as I drove past it. I couldn't see it. The car couldn't see it. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to override that.
Yes. I can see it. And the visualization shows the car can see it too. I can even see a little "65" in the visualized sign. But that's as far as it gets.

Reactions: redmunds