TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Did 8.0 remove side view mirror positioning while in reverse?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RAW84, Oct 28, 2016.

1. RAW84

RAW84 Member

I've noticed lately that my profile settings no longer have the position of my side view mirrors stored in my profile when I go in reverse. It's the same when I'm in Drive or Park. I used to have my passenger side mirror point down to the rear tire to help me avoid curb rash whilst parallel parking.

Did 8.0 remove this feature, or is something wrong with my car?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Check your settings to make sure that the mirror tilt in reverse setting (Not sure of exact terminology) didn't get turned off by the V8 install. I haven't seen a report of that happening, but maybe it did.

• Like x 1
  3. msnow

msnow Active Member

^^ this. Mine still works.

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Mine still works too.

5. GaryH

GaryH Member

Ours is OK

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

Sometimes with a firmware update the auto-tilt in reverse gets clobbered. As ecarfan noted, be sure the option is still on in your settings. Then park somewhere safe with your foot on the brake, go into drive and check your mirrors, then go into reverse, adjust the mirrors as you like them, go back into park. See if the mirrors all look good, then update your stored profile. All good. FWIW, the 8.x update did not bash my mirror tilt (...but lots of other stuff is suboptimal...).

7. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Mine still works fine too. I did have two other settings that got turned off during the v8.0 update though. Always go back through all of your settings after a firmware update, just to be certain.

8. RAW84

RAW84 Member

Thanks!

I don't remember ever setting that feature, so i didn't know it was an option. My guess is that the service center disabled it and it wasn't 8.0.

9. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Also, sometimes software updates don't change the setting, but simply delete the positioning. So you'd have to preposition your mirrors while in reverse again and save driver profile.

10. travwill

travwill Active Member

I thought for this feature that it only works if you have that button selected when you go into reverse. Thus, in reverse the first time with right mirror button selected, choose how much tilt you want, etc. If you reverse again in future with the right button selected this mirror will tilt back to that preset level again. If you have left mirror selected last, then you won't see any tilt in right mirror next time for example.

11. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Don't have to select buttons each time. Computer will remember settings regardless of which mirror button is lit.

For driving mirror position (car in drive or park) set mirrors, hit save profile. In drive, mirrors will go to position they were saved.
    For reverse mirror position (car in reverse) set mirrors, hit save profile. In reverse, mirrors will go to position they were saved.

12. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

This ^ After 8.0 my side mirrors didn't collapse when the door locked due to the setting being changed after the update. Also, there was one occasion that the car did not automatically lock. I do a re-boot of the car. Foot on brake and shut down vehicle entirely, especially after a major download.