Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone come from bigger size sedan to Tesla Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came from an Astro Van (my second one).
My condolences on having to drive that :D

Seriously though, my wife had one for a number of years (a GMC Safari actually, but basically the same thing). Take the seats out of it and there was a TON of room. We actually used it to tow a trailer (in addition to the van being filled) to move her sister from San Diego to Portland. After we moved her in (and returned the trailer), we had five days to get from Portland to LA and no schedule. We just drove until we felt like stopping, having no troubles finding open campgrounds (the week after Labor Day was bomb for doing this!) and having a great road trip. Sleeping in the van was easy - we just left the air mattress in the back.

But this has nothing to do with this thread, so I will shut up now

I came from an Astro Van (my second one). My family grew up, I no longer needed a van. Yes, it was roomy, and with a 20 gallon gas tank, it had RANGE. Now there are generally two of us riding in our M3, lack of space in the back is not a problem, and with those seats down, the trunk is usually ample. My M3 is only two years old, I've had no problem with the fit, finish, noise, etc that other have complained about. I do consider it the best car I've owned in the 60 years I've owned cars (except my '40 Chevy business couple and my '68 Javelin). I wish it had a rear window wiper and heated steering wheel, and I don't understand why my side view cameras only seem to work 70% of the time.
I am gonna imply that you are quite old if you had a 1940s car. Put some rainx or sealant (seal and shine is good on glass and easy to apply) every 3 months on the rear glass or any other glass and then water will just sheet off. I hate using my model 3 wipers so with i.e. rainx i dont need to at the front. At speeds above 40kmh water sheets off easily and at speeds below you just get droplets you can see through.
Rainx works the best but a sealant lasts longer and is easier to apply (and on anything but the windscreen it doesnt matter)