Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone order the new Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing. And now radio silence as far as delivery dates. Not sure why they were pushing completion of the credit application if deliveries were going to be delayed. I’m taking my model 3 in for maintenance Saturday and will press them on delivery updates.

I've tried to push yesterday, and the sales person was as aware of delivery dates and sequence as I am. Hopefully you get better results, as I still see the old order on the screen and "prepare for delivery"page.

I find it interesting that there’s any interest in even asking Tesla sales or service people about delivery dates. History has proven that they don’t have this information and, if they give date estimates, they’re just making them up.

Reactions: elguapo
I talked to someone at Washington Square today and they said it was going to most likely be a lot longer than June.
No one knows except Elon and a small group of folks at Fremont. The SAs and others certainly don’t know.

My X used to say “April” when I ordered. There’s no reason to believe the production line is up and running, so I think June is as early as it would get for X holders. When you think about a true production ramp, and this “refresh” seems like it will have to ramp up, it could be months before they’re making more than a couple hundred Xs per week and Ss have to come before that.

All a guess...time will tell.

Test drove a Y yesterday. Nice car, but not an X. So I will likely order an X.

FWIW, the guy at the SC said they are starting production sometime in April/May, with deliveries starting in June. First cars would go to people that had January deliveries. He thought July/August would be a reasonable estimate if one ordered today. He said we could do a month-to-month extension on our lease, but since we have a 2020 M3LR we might just turn in the X75 in June and go down to one car for the first time in 30+ years.

Had same experience as JBoy. Really wanted to like the Y. It explodes off a stop and is really fun! Great handler too.
However not a great ride and if you are used to even a 3-4 year old X, the interior feels cheap.
Ordered (2) X's on Monday. Long Range for my wife and Plaid for me.
Website says May-June delivery.
SA at the Tesla store says 1st or 2nd week of June.
Relieved that they finally blacked out the chrome!

Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
Test drove a Y yesterday. Nice car, but not an X. So I will likely order an X.

FWIW, the guy at the SC said they are starting production sometime in April/May, with deliveries starting in June. First cars would go to people that had January deliveries. He thought July/August would be a reasonable estimate if one ordered today. He said we could do a month-to-month extension on our lease, but since we have a 2020 M3LR we might just turn in the X75 in June and go down to one car for the first time in 30+ years.
In regards to prioritization, no way that January orders get first delivery unless you’re referring to previously made orders before the redesign was announced that had to “reconfirm” their order (and accept the price increase). There were a fair number of people that had orders in October / November / December that were obviously never filled. Those will definitely have priority, but order date is only one element. Tesla also incorporates delivery lead times and that’s why orders from the Bay Area always have come first. Tesla calculates out how the time for shipment and delivery to maximize deliveries within a financial reporting period. First comes the month, then comes the quarter, and lastly comes the year.