TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did anyone receive another software update today?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ZooSean, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I have seen ppl in Reddit post some pictures. Specially now shows adjacent lane car.

• Love x 1
  2. drawfour

drawfour Member

Elon said there would be an AutoPilot update coming out sometime this week that had some real improvements, so I'm betting that it's rolling out now.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

There is nothing 'new' on ev-fw or TeslaFi, except that one copy of 2018.21.9, which *should* be beta, if all we know (lol) is correct. The reddit post is that version (21.9).

If this were anything rolling out, I would hope more than one copy would have shown up on the sites....

r/teslamotors - Software Update 2018.21.9 75bdbc11 - Highway Exit / Adjacent Lanes

Have to wait and see what actually happens....

4. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I mean this . It did not mention it is beta though.

5. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Since it's "real improvements", would anybody with the update care to re-test it on the gore points known for EAP trying to kill its owners?

6. boaterva

For the last year or so, 'odd' week releases have been what we assumed were beta, since only a few cars got them. 2018.21.1 is shown on TeslaFi on four cars, most of which have gotten other 'odd' releases that other cars don't get.

So, this is very strange that this one copy of another odd week release goes to someone not in any testing program. If it were a real release coming out on a Wednesday, as is usually the case, a lot of people would have it by now.

The other question is, where is 2018.22, which usually would have dropped at this time. So, it's going to be a wait and see game, of what is going on here.

7. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

Today I finally got a firmware update notice. I was on 2018.18.13. I was excited that this was going to be 20.5. But no. It was 18.14.

Either a stepwise upgrade is needed here (i doubt it), or Tesla purposely keeps its fleet a bit staggered. Genetic diversity might be a good thing from a security pov.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. boaterva

Yeah, if you look at https://teslafi.com/firmware/ , a lot of cars are getting 2018.18.2 (or for Model 3's: 2018.18.13 or even 2018.18.14).

Which technically are a month old. :D

I've had 2018.20 on my X for two weeks (which is when it came out, on 'schedule').

This sort of delay is a bit weird.

9. GoingVerde

GoingVerde Member

My car was updated with v2018.18.14 by the service rep today. I was told that they recalled 20.5 (previous firmware version on my car).

• Informative x 1
  10. davedavedave

davedavedave Member

Oh boy! I took delivery last Friday. It had 18.14, and on Saturday morning we got the v2018.20.5 update notification, so off we went. I'm a little worried about "recalled" updates. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At least Autopilot has only tried to kill me 3 times since Saturday, and it never succeeds.

• Funny x 3
  11. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I am on 20.5 , and used EAP few times . So far so good.

12. mekberg

mekberg Member

Do you know why? I took delivery last Friday as well and received the updated Saturday morning.

13. Mobsidian

Mobsidian Member

I'm on 20.5 too. Picked up yesterday in Toronto. EAP freaked out and swerved when I try to initiate a lane change to the right at the exact moment the lane was splitting from express to collectors.

• Informative x 2
  14. chibi_kurochan

I thought I was the only one. Picked up car From SC yesterday with 2018.20.5 and later in the evening, EAP also freaked out and swerved while doing auto lane change on an empty highway.
    called roadside and they asked me to a hard reboot (power off for a few minutes).

Today just got a software update notice. Haven’t had chance to update, but looking at the thread, most likely 2018.18.14.. we shall see..

• Informative x 1
  15. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I did not use auto lane change. But auto steer looks okay to me .

16. GoingVerde

GoingVerde Member

I didn’t ask why. I was in because the FM radio didn’t work (no sound). The rep looked at the firmware on my car and was like “oh that’s been recalled, I’ll pushed another version”. FM radio started working after the update.

• Informative x 1
  17. Fusion

Fusion Member

Lame I'm still on V:2018.18.13

18. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

How do I join model 3 testing program beyond what we all do?

• Funny x 1
  20. boaterva

We have no info on this since it’s all covered by NDA. As for 2018.21.9 it appears to be rolling out further. Definitely not following the normally numbering. Perhaps there is no week 22 release. :confused: