Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone receive another software update today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is nothing 'new' on ev-fw or TeslaFi, except that one copy of 2018.21.9, which *should* be beta, if all we know (lol) is correct. The reddit post is that version (21.9).

If this were anything rolling out, I would hope more than one copy would have shown up on the sites....

r/teslamotors - Software Update 2018.21.9 75bdbc11 - Highway Exit / Adjacent Lanes

Have to wait and see what actually happens....

I mean this . It did not mention it is beta though.
For the last year or so, 'odd' week releases have been what we assumed were beta, since only a few cars got them. 2018.21.1 is shown on TeslaFi on four cars, most of which have gotten other 'odd' releases that other cars don't get.

So, this is very strange that this one copy of another odd week release goes to someone not in any testing program. If it were a real release coming out on a Wednesday, as is usually the case, a lot of people would have it by now.

The other question is, where is 2018.22, which usually would have dropped at this time. So, it's going to be a wait and see game, of what is going on here.

Today I finally got a firmware update notice. I was on 2018.18.13. I was excited that this was going to be 20.5. But no. It was 18.14.

Either a stepwise upgrade is needed here (i doubt it), or Tesla purposely keeps its fleet a bit staggered. Genetic diversity might be a good thing from a security pov.

My car was updated with v2018.18.14 by the service rep today. I was told that they recalled 20.5 (previous firmware version on my car).

Oh boy! I took delivery last Friday. It had 18.14, and on Saturday morning we got the v2018.20.5 update notification, so off we went. I'm a little worried about "recalled" updates. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At least Autopilot has only tried to kill me 3 times since Saturday, and it never succeeds.

I thought I was the only one. Picked up car From SC yesterday with 2018.20.5 and later in the evening, EAP also freaked out and swerved while doing auto lane change on an empty highway.
called roadside and they asked me to a hard reboot (power off for a few minutes).

Today just got a software update notice. Haven’t had chance to update, but looking at the thread, most likely 2018.18.14.. we shall see..

• Informative
Reactions: RBowen
I'm on 20.5 too. Picked up yesterday in Toronto. EAP freaked out and swerved when I try to initiate a lane change to the right at the exact moment the lane was splitting from express to collectors.

I thought I was the only one. Picked up car From SC yesterday with 2018.20.5 and later in the evening, EAP also freaked out and swerved while doing auto lane change on an empty highway.
called roadside and they asked me to a hard reboot (power off for a few minutes).

Today just got a software update notice. Haven’t had chance to update, but looking at the thread, most likely 2018.18.14.. we shall see..

I did not use auto lane change. But auto steer looks okay to me .

For the last year or so, 'odd' week releases have been what we assumed were beta, since only a few cars got them. 2018.21.1 is shown on TeslaFi on four cars, most of which have gotten other 'odd' releases that other cars don't get.

So, this is very strange that this one copy of another odd week release goes to someone not in any testing program. If it were a real release coming out on a Wednesday, as is usually the case, a lot of people would have it by now.

The other question is, where is 2018.22, which usually would have dropped at this time. So, it's going to be a wait and see game, of what is going on here.
How do I join model 3 testing program beyond what we all do?

• Funny
Reactions: chinnam3