Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did AP1 get beter in recent updates?

Have Recent Updates made AP1 Better?

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Don't Have AP1

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the latest update I received a few weeks back, (2017.50.2), it seems AP1 has gotten noticeably better. Anyone else agree? Especially when it comes to "truck envy" it now seems to move away from trucks in adjacent lanes, rather than moving over to give them a hug. Also, seems to hold the lanes tighter---no searching,.

You didn't say what version you were running before.

I'm on 2017.50.2, on an S85D. Subjectively, I didn't notice anything better or worse than 2017.48, which is what the car was running before. AP1 appears to be doing a good, predictable job. It's not perfect, but I feel like I have a pretty good idea under what circumstances it'll get in trouble.

Bruce.

Mixed result here. It looks rock solid since a while and hard to improve (on highway) but I think speed panel reading is getting worse ans worse. In a way it's getting closer to AP2 that don't read panel at all.

I think speed panel reading is getting worse ans worse. In a way it's getting closer to AP2 that don't read panel at all.
There's a two-lane road I travel on almost every day (non-highway) that has well-painted lines. AP1 works great on it. 45 MPH. But it was always frustrating when I passed the school speed limit sign, where AP1 would automatically lower the speed, even outside of school hours.

But within the past month and a half, the car has stopped doing this, and now continues at the same speed as before. While I suppose it's possible AP1 has improved enough to take into account school speed limit signs by recognizing the flashing lights whenever the speed is enforced, I doubt this is the case.

So you may be right about the reading getting worse, but I'm not sure how that could happen. Perhaps the extra text included in the school speed limit sign is now throwing the system off?

I'm happy either way, because this is the only situation where I've noticed a difference, and the difference for me is a positive.

school-speed-limit-ap1.jpg

Any way to make the car drive closer to the outside of the lane on a 2 lane road? The car seems to center itself between the lines and is noticeably closer to the center line than other cars. It's ok until there's a semi coming in the oncoming lane.