Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did August & September sales EVER happen before and will they ever happen again?! 30K+ Discounts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P90Ds (and a few P85Ds) were the only cars discounted that much and not solely due to mileage. Many were brand new. My OA said they were hard to sell quickly without the huge discount, and they needed to sell them quickly. 75s were discounted mainly by the battery upgrade price from the 60. Some highly optioned 90Ds and even 60D and 75Ds had big discounts, like the 75D below.

I think the best chance of big discounts again will be on highly optioned inventory AP1 that didn't sell during Q3 sell-off, although I think they did a pretty good job of clearing out the P90Ds. Also new inventory from people who forfeited their deposits to switch to AP2. We'll find out near end of Q4. Should be fun to watch.

75D.png

I know of a couple of folks who elected to wait for suspected end of year "deals", but I doubt they'll be as good...

It will be interesting to see what happens to these q3 2016 2yr lease when they flood the CPO market in 2 years. There is no way I'm buying mine back at its current agreed upon value, but that's worth keeping an eye on...AP1.0, old nose for some...there should be a deal or two there somewhere.

I know of a couple of folks who elected to wait for suspected end of year "deals", but I doubt they'll be as good...

It will be interesting to see what happens to these q3 2016 2yr lease when they flood the CPO market in 2 years. There is no way I'm buying mine back at its current agreed upon value, but that's worth keeping an eye on...AP1.0, old nose for some...there should be a deal or two there somewhere.

True my car's residual value 94K and it will have more than 35-40k miles at end of lease and STICKER PRICE 147k but got it for 112k!

Now you see why I MADE THIS THREAD!!

I didn't buy that 75D. I bought a 90D. The $13,000 discount and $1000 referral bonus reduced my price to $92,700, about $10,000 more than the above 75D optioned similarly to mine except it also had subzero (but no rear cupholders or USB). To be honest, I would have preferred the 75D but I missed it by a few minutes when I asked my wife if we should pull the trigger. I didn't ask when I bought the 90D.

Model S 90D $89,500
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive -
Red Multi-Coat Paint $1,500
All Glass Panoramic Roof $1,500
19" Slipstream Wheels -
Black Next Generation Seats $2,500
Dark Ash Wood décor -
Black Headliner -
Supercharger Enabled -
Autopilot $2,500
Smart Air Suspension $2,500
Premium Interior Package $3,000
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Subtotal $105,500.00
Destination and Doc Fee $1,200
Order Modification Fee 0
Total $106,700

Enjoy in good health
Great crNice discount by

I didn't buy that 75D. I bought a 90D. The $13,000 discount and $1000 referral bonus reduced my price to $92,700, about $10,000 more than the above 75D optioned similarly to mine except it also had subzero (but no rear cupholders or USB). To be honest, I would have preferred the 75D but I missed it by a few minutes when I asked my wife if we should pull the trigger. I didn't ask when I bought the 90D.

Model S 90D $89,500
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive -
Red Multi-Coat Paint $1,500
All Glass Panoramic Roof $1,500
19" Slipstream Wheels -
Black Next Generation Seats $2,500
Dark Ash Wood décor -
Black Headliner -
Supercharger Enabled -
Autopilot $2,500
Smart Air Suspension $2,500
Premium Interior Package $3,000
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Subtotal $105,500.00
Destination and Doc Fee $1,200
Order Modification Fee 0
Total $106,700

So questions is?!
Are we ever gonna see such discounts again?!!

Oops. Deleted my post. Fortunately you guys quoted it first. In hindsight, I should have snagged a deal like Soooma. There were a lot available when I was looking. Basically $19K to get P and ludicrous.

You got a nice car!
I got lucky and i didn't know it till now when I am wond ring how can I do something similar in future onsite as if doubling my monthly lease !!! I am paying less than 1000$/month in 24m lease !!! That's INSANE & LUDICROUS and I just didn't know it back then!!!

A i loved my M5 before this car!! But nothing like this P90DL ever !!!

You got a nice car!
I got lucky and i didn't know it till now when I am wond ring how can I do something similar in future onsite as if doubling my monthly lease !!! I am paying less than 1000$/month in 24m lease !!! That's INSANE & LUDICROUS and I just didn't know it back then!!!

A i loved my M5 before this car!! But nothing like this P90DL ever !!!

Yes, I have a very nice car. And it's totally irrational to spend an extra $19,000 for yours which has less range. Yet, once you have experienced the launch of a PD, well, you know.....

The real travesty is I passed on a $100K P90D without ludicrous because I thought it was too good to be true. Only $6K more than my 90D and it had all the options I wanted.:(:(. And my trade-in was $2K higher at the time. (Beginning of August)

Yes, I have a very nice car. And it's totally irrational to spend an extra $19,000 for yours which has less range. Yet, once you have experienced the launch of a PD, well, you know.....

The real travesty is I passed on a $100K P90D without ludicrous because I thought it was too good to be true. Only $6K more than my 90D and it had all the options I wanted.:(:(. And my trade-in was $2K higher at the time. (Beginning of August)

Who has a crystal ball sir?!
I also almost passed this beauty up for the fact that they added 700 miles after I was told it had 9k

One of the few cars we picked up during the 3rd quarter blowout was a 2015 P90D $136k MSRP for $101k after discounts and referral. Decided to dump it for a newer config car and just sold it to someone for $105k.

Lucky you.

You bought more than 1? How many P90Ds do you need. So what cool stuff did you get for all the referrals? Pics please. Maybe post to your thread.