Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Elon drive my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Stretch2727

Engineer and Car Nut
Nov 8, 2015
East Coast, USA
So there are a few things that are make me think Elon may have test driven my car.

-First when pairing my phone during delivery the DS deleted an "Elon's Phone" from the set up. I did not think anything of it. I think I saw this before on a Model S in the Tesla store and assumed it was part of the software set up. Just another one of Elon's fun Easter eggs.

-My car got delivered with 110 miles. I was not sure whether to be happy or concerned about this. This is almost 2 hours of driving. They even offered that I could have another car as I guess there is a rule in NJ that new cars need to have less than 100 miles. I took the car anyway.

-Today I was poking through the navigation history and noticed the first destination was for the Signature Executive Terminal in San Fransisco airport. I know Signature is the terminal for corporate jets. I check the distance from Fremont and it is about 38 miles or 76 miles assuming they returned the car to Fremont for transportation.

So a few questions. Did anyone else have the Elon's phone pairing during delivery? Did anyone else have such a high mileage at delivery? Anyway maybe I am over reaching but the 3 things together seem odd.

Thoughts?

So there are a few things that are make me think Elon may have test driven my car.

-First when pairing my phone during delivery the DS deleted an "Elon's Phone" from the set up. I did not think anything of it. I think I saw this before on a Model S in the Tesla store and assumed it was part of the software set up. Just another one of Elon's fun Easter eggs.

-My car got delivered with 110 miles. I was not sure whether to be happy or concerned about this. This is almost 2 hours of driving. They even offered that I could have another car as I guess there is a rule in NJ that new cars need to have less than 100 miles. I took the car anyway.

-Today I was poking through the navigation history and noticed the first destination was for the Signature Executive Terminal in San Fransisco airport. I know Signature is the terminal for corporate jets. I check the distance from Fremont and it is about 38 miles or 76 miles assuming they returned the car to Fremont for transportation.

So a few questions. Did anyone else have the Elon's phone pairing during delivery? Did anyone else have such a high mileage at delivery? Anyway maybe I am over reaching but the 3 things together seem odd.

Thoughts?

Even if he didn’t, it’s far more fun believing he did. I say don’t ask - just assume he did and tell everyone he did.

So as this is looking more real I went back in to the nav to see if it recorded dates. When I posted a few days ago I had clicked on the "Signature Executive Terminal" to see if there was an exact date or more info. It created another trip and then the original trip in April did not show up, just the recent one. I guess it does this when you use you history to create a trip. So I lost the trip to the airport in April.

So I saw another address. 3180 18th St, San Francisco, CA. with a trip in April. I googled the address and this is an office for Open AI!

My car was made in April from the tag on the door. Originally supposed to be delivered May 10. Delayed due to a minor issue and ultimately delivered May 16th.

So if this doesn't prove he drove the car I don't know what does. 93 Miles round trip assuming he went to the Open AI Office first then the Signature Executive terminal, and maybe someone else drove it back to Fremont.

See picture below. I took to save the history incase an update ever wipes it out.

Navigation Display .jpg