Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Elon ever come through on his promise to fix the web browser?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My older MCU1 X had an unusable browser when I got it late 2017. It would take 2-5 minutes to render a basic webpage, even when I had full signal or was on WiFi. Once they switched to chromium it became usable. It is still not what I'd call snappy or quick but it made a huge difference and it isn't completely useless now.
MCU 1 browser is not Chromium. It was never updated.

• Informative
Reactions: ValleyGeek
My older MCU1 X had an unusable browser when I got it late 2017. It would take 2-5 minutes to render a basic webpage, even when I had full signal or was on WiFi. Once they switched to chromium it became usable. It is still not what I'd call snappy or quick but it made a huge difference and it isn't completely useless now.
The MCU1 browser is still unusable. It would randomly enter into a state where nothing would load at all until reboot.

Reactions: am_dmd
And it's still working on V9 or V10? Mine works on V8, but I think my version was before browser "fix".

Lol. The browser is still the same. The big fix was them upgrading the hardware

MCU 1 browser is not Chromium. It was never updated.
Ah, I was mistaken. It is still Safari indeed (image attached). That being said, there *was* an update made to it, around the time they rolled out Chromium on MCU2, that made it substancially more responsive than it used to be. The overlap in timing is why I assumed it too had updated to chromium.

After spending time in an MCU2 car, there is no comparison between the two. MCU2 makes MCU1 feel extremely slow. I'm hoping for a reasonable upgrade path some day.

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_191348.jpg
    IMG_20190930_191348.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 37