Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Elon Musk flash the white supremacy symbol on SNL on Saturday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live Long and Prosper!

1621179743069.png

Settles down Trekkies, it's a joke. 😁 :p

I watched several of the SNL skits on YouTube on Sunday morning and was so pleased when Musk mentioned Asperger's and thought the episode was chugging along nicely...

at one point Musk even offered a semi-apology for being a "mask-hole."

and then, during the Weekend Update skit he repeatedly flashed the "OK" sign used by white supremacists and I nearly fell of my chair.

I don't know guys.. I'm starting to feel very disappointed at the white supremacy dog whistles being flashed by Tesla's illustrious CEO or Technoking or whatever he is calling himself these days.

It was bad enough last year when he refused to shut down one of the factories and was downplaying the severity of Covid-19... and Tweeting about "red-pilling it" with Ivanka Trump.

I'm disheartened and disappointed. I love my Model S but I don't want to support a some guy who's end game is to plant a confederate flag on Mars.

I knew he was fiscally conservative.. hell if he wanted to move to TX to avoid paying state tax on his income, no problem. rich dudes like him have 1,000 houses and 1,000,000 different ways to avoid paying taxes. but to be flashing white supremacy dog whistles on national television?

I was sick to my stomach. I still am.

so I wonder, when did all this happen?

was it b/c CA told him he had to shut down the Tesla factory? was that the tipping point? The more I think of it, the more I think he has always been this way. simply hiding in plain sight. His BFF Peter Thiel is no stranger to these "libertarian" circles. silly me for thinking you could be conservative without being all about "white nationalism."

My Model S is over 5 years old now, and I had intended to drive it until the wheels fell off.. (not least of all b/c Tesla doesn't make cars with a sunroof anymore.) but after what I saw on SNL this weekend I feel I have to take my $$$ elsewhere. obviously. the car is not to blame. but it has for me lost a lot of its shine.

As a child of immigrants, it makes me sick to know that I have supported a man with a white supremacist vision.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Elon and his brother flee to Canada to not go thru the South Africa draft? Apartheid was still in effect and they left in protest. People are so extreme in their reactions lately to Elon. C'mon guys.

OP as to your comment about his wealth and houses, Elon said he bought his houses for investment purposes since he has planned all along to pursue his Mars mission and knew he’d be fronting lots of money for it. When someone called him out on being rich and having all his houses he promptly listed a number of them, sold them at a profit, and said he didn’t really care about owning a house and lots of other things. Then he moved to Texas to take advantage of their low tax rates and increase what he gets to hold on to moneywise. This is a guy who I think does put his money where his mouth is (is that the expression?). He has said he will use his Tesla stock to help finance his Mars pursuit and I believe he will. In the past he’s poured his money into projects/businesses he wanted to see succeed.

I did not agree with him on his position about covid and masks. I will say however that I do believe that auto manufacturing which had been listed as an essential disaster time business to keep running should have been kept open just like our other essential businesses like grocery, medical, etc. Done as safely as possible and with contact tracing and felt those workers should have received earliest vaccines. The fact we now have a worldwide shortage of chips and other essential components for the auto industry is due to auto manufacturers shutting and/or slowing down production and cancelling orders for parts that cascaded into what we have now. Apart from a home, autos are of the biggest ticket items purchased and a Huge source of revenue for local cities to support services and provide jobs that trickle down from there. I’m a big believer in masks, vaccines, following pandemic protocols, but on this one issue I do now feel Elon was right to fight to keep the factories open.

I don’t know who wrote the sketches for SNL and how much of it was planned or ad libbed. I honestly didn’t see what you saw and interpreted it that way. No way would I condone that either. Wasn’t his character on that sketch suppose to be an ahole anyway? Can’t remember all said and done. All I’ll say is no one is perfect. I think Elon does a lot of good. We love our cars, glad they don’t use gasoline and need tailpipes. This past year we were able to add solar and PWs and since last fall have been able to run our house and cars using the sun and power stored from it. Pretty exciting really.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw it. Several times.

This is all much ado about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

But that unfortunately won't change the minds of idiotic conspiracy theorists.

You really, REALLY think Elon is some closeted, nazi, skinhead, white supremist?

Or perhaps he flashed the "OK" sign during a funny SNL skit.

Reactions: SSonnentag
Yes, I saw it. Several times.

This is all much ado about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

But that unfortunately won't change the minds of idiotic conspiracy theorists.

You really, REALLY think Elon is some closeted, nazi, skinhead, white supremist?

Or perhaps he flashed the "OK" sign during a funny SNL skit.
ok. good talk. thanks for the insult.

are you still talking? look, he deliberately did it. likely just being a troll. fine. but if he runs twitter now, he's going to be subject to an even higher level of scrutiny. sorry you find that controversial.

now back to working on the stiff suspension on my MYLR. hopefully Unplugged Performance Luxury Coilover is the key.