Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Elon Musk flash the white supremacy symbol on SNL on Saturday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disagree. Also, where would all be if he were broke? The guy earned his money and has done the world a huge favor with both EVs and the SpaceX.
I wish I could accomplish 0.0001% of what Elon Musk already did, especially starting from scratch, not like some other billionaires already born billionaires !!!

As a child of immigrants, it makes me sick to know that I have supported a man with a white supremacist vision.
SNL was broadcasted on NBC, not on Fox (Faux) News !!!! I never missed any of the Hillary and Donald's spoofs during the previous Presidential campaign.

Note: I believe for a moment that Stephen Colbert was on the show, I hope you agree that Elon Musk has multiple talents.

I find all the others CEOs to be a little too boring like Bill Gate/Jeff (who?)/Tim Cook, and only may be Richard Branson would be considered also as good entertainer...

Note: I wonder if anyone know how long it took to prepare all the show? I did some small skits at school, and it took me weeks of rehearsal to be ready !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
This is not the image of concern. The concern is about when he flips the signs backwards. I have never seen anyone do that before except for people flashing the white supremacy sign. This is really creepy and I hope to hear that this is a misunderstanding of some sort.

Now you're really trying to start something where NOTHING exists.

That *IS* the "image of concern"... It's all over the media as the normal, everyday "OK sign".. It has nothing to do with "flipping it backwards."

It all started as a hoax on 4chan to take over the "OK sign":
The “OK” hand gesture originated as one of these hoaxes in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.” The user even provided a helpful graphic showing how the letters WP (for “white power”) could be traced within an “OK” gesture.

1620825144463.png

There are two outcomes here:
1. Elon Musk is secretly a white supremacist who got onto SNL specifically to dog-whistle other white supremacists with a hoax meme created on 4-chan
or
2. Elon Musk is a human being who use the "OK" sign on a comedy skit -- a gesture that's been used for generations to just mean "OK"

Perhaps apply Occam's Razor here.

More info if you'd actually like to get your facts straight and not fabricate your own:

I'm starting to firmly believe that people who keep raising this ridiculous assertion are intentionally trying to spread and legitimize the meme.

Last edited:
The OK sign has been appropriated by actual white supremacists. This is known and not some liberal snowflake conspiracy. The same is true of "red pilling"

If that's the case, I'm so confused then:

View attachment 661553

so you are saying that because Eddie Murphy spent the 1st million dollars he made in 1987 on bitcoin the OK sign could never be a covert sign of white supremacy? :oops:

just to clear things up.. i'm talking abut a chain of events (no pun intended) that occurred roughly 30 years after the taking of this picture.

Edited to add:

Musk takes on George Clooney

• Disagree
Reactions: AMPd and FlyF4
The OK sign has been appropriated by actual white supremacists. This is known and not some liberal snowflake conspiracy. The same is true of "red pilling"

The point is that one group's attempt to "hijack" something does not automatically negate other legitimate uses, nor does it erase decades of human experience with it simply meaning OK.

Otherwise you better tell the scuba community that it's simply not possible this means "I'm ok":

1620837511806.png

so you are saying that because Eddie Murphy spent the 1st million dollars he made in 1987 on bitcoin the OK sign could never be a covert sign of white supremacy? :oops:

What? Eddie Murphy buying bitcoin?

I have no idea what that even means in the context of this discussion.

just to clear things up.. i'm talking abut a chain of events (no pun intended) that occurred roughly 30 years after the taking of this picture.

And I'm suggesting that because that means "OK" and has for far longer, and likely associated with such by most people, that to ascribe that meaning may be jumping the gun a bit.

I watched several of the SNL skits on YouTube on Sunday morning and was so pleased when Musk mentioned Asperger's and thought the episode was chugging along nicely...

at one point Musk even offered a semi-apology for being a "mask-hole."

and then, during the Weekend Update skit he repeatedly flashed the "OK" sign used by white supremacists and I nearly fell of my chair.

Whoa! I can't believe that you would come to this forum and used the sign of <insert crazy conspiracy thing here> by starting the 2nd and 3rd sentence of a post with lowercase letters! /s

Not everything is a hidden meaning that you just uncovered, please get some help from professionals before you hurt yourself or someone else.

This is known and not some liberal snowflake conspiracy

Who said it was a "liberal snowflake conspiracy"??

If anything, Elon Musk being a super secret white supremacist is a "snowflake conspiracy" being spread by people like yourself. Wake up, man.

I’m saying that Eddie Murphy flashing the OK sign 30 years ago is irrelevant to this discussion.

Or does it?

Reactions: AMPd and scaesare
Let us know when you’ve sold your Tesla. Otherwise you’re part of the “problem”.
That’s false. I bought it for environmental reasons so I’m able to be critical of it and of it’s founder without being a hypocrite. You’re parading blatant societal oppression with “cheer up, we’re all oppressors”.

Billionaires are a result of the moral failings in equality.