Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Elon say that all new cars being made have HW3 now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like EV-CPO has Model 3 inventory live now but every Model 3 is showing AP 2.5/3. I’m assuming that means their software can not distinguish which version of Autopilot is installed on Model 3’s. Interesting to see they only have 83 models available for sale in the entire US, if that is correct.

It's not my software, it's the data from Tesla.

There are no option codes on any Inventory M3 that indicate which AP hardware is onboard. Only the AP software level (AP/EAP/FSD).

The option codes for MS and MX do include AP Hardware level.

There's 86 currently for sale, but already 96 have been sold or removed from being listed.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I suspect that all features for HW2.5 are now out. Any new feature will fall under FSD.

They will probably improve navigate on autopilot behavior over time. Not adding new features, but via training the neural net.

Advanced summon (which they've been saying is a few weeks away since November) will still be rolled out for EAP/HW2.5 cars- but yeah after that it's done.

There is nothing exciting about watching other people get new features while I do not. It's bad enough just not being a Magical Chosen Person for *software* updates and sitting around waiting for those.

It's going to be infuriating when I'm waiting for whatever insane, arbitrary process they will undoubtedly use to determine the rollout order for the hardware upgrades. I have *zero* doubt that I and thousands of others will still be waiting for the hardware while others are out there using new software features that aren't available until you have the hardware.

Oh...I didn't think you were talking about it being brutal for "just yourself"/ lol

In this case, I have a feeling, and am hoping, that Tesla will deploy and upgrade to the oldest FSDs first. That'll be Tesla's response to the promised "early access" for those cars. If they hit the new ones first, I really expect a huge uproar.
I hope you are right but I think we have to hold Elon to his promise of free upgrades. I have an S bought in Dec 2016 with AP2.0 and paid for FSD, those like me should be getting the new computer ASAP, but I’m not hearing that from Tesla. We need to pressure them to start the upgrades BEFORE the firmware upgrade that finally enables FSD. Those like me have invested Thousands $$$ and need to be 1st in line. Also any other hardware like camera updates should be included in the free upgrades.

• Disagree
Reactions: CSFTN
Especially when Elon said the boards are about a 30-minute swap out that Mobile can do. During the Event he also said that they have been installing them in employees' cars.

That's an easily fulfilled demographic. Maybe top management and developers. Because judging by what I see in the parking lots at Service Centers and by what I hear over and over, garden variety Tesla workers can't afford a Tesla, LOL.

I must say, I'm struck by the speed with which the mood changes around here. One minute it's mostly the bulls waxing enthusiastic, and I adore my M3, the next we get a wave of bearish grumbling, and I can't help noticing how the body panels aren't perfectly aligned, the paint looks worse, and I drive more in manual. It's quite a roller coaster ride.

My Other Car is a Honda and it's only a car that's never had a problem in 140,000 miles. How dull.

Last edited:
I did not exactly catch it during the Autonomy event from this morning, but did Elon say that all new cars being made are with HW3? If yes, do we know since when?

This is how you know if you have a HW3 computer installed.

Tesla-self-driving-without-a-steering-wheel-e1555971237517.jpg

LOL

They have been making Model 3’s with HW3 for about 10 days now so at this point you just have to make sure that you don’t take an inventory car. What would be the reason take a car out of inventory at this point if they don’t offer you a discount to do so?

"Drive away with it" versus "Get in a line, the length of which is indeterminate" is I guess a decent discount...