Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Everyone Who Made A Reservation On Day 1 Get A Model Car?

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
I was curious for those of you who received the Model 3 and made a day 1 reservation, if you got the toy model car. I thought it was only for people who stood in line, but I know of people who didn't stand in line get one as well.

Pkmmte

Le meow
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I was curious for those of you who received the Model 3 and made a day 1 reservation, if you got the toy model car. I thought it was only for people who stood in line, but I know of people who didn't stand in line get one as well.
I know someone who put in a reservation this year and still got a toy model car.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
First day in store reservation and no I did not get one during my delivery at the Dedham, Ma store. Apparently they had run out. They told me when I am in the area to drop by and see if they have any.
Disappointing.

• Informative
Reactions: njsrikar

EVnut

DARΞLL
Mar 24, 2009
Davis, CA
And by the time my AWD unit rolls around, the chances of the "thank you for standing in line" model is quite unlikely to be even a memory. Seems like the stores just got a bunch of them, and handed them out to anybody who was picking up a car. I'm not sure how they'd planned to tie those to the line-standers.

I think I'll be OK. I'll ask my support dog. :)

BioSehnsucht

Model 3 LR
Apr 1, 2016
DFW, TX
Are they still handing them out, or did they stop? I stood in line, but was waiting for D/P/interior options info before configuring. (still haven't for unrelated reasons, but likely will soon)

StaceyR

Apr 23, 2018
Foothill Ranch, CA
Got mine during delivery just yesterday. Red to match our M3, of course. Three other red M3s and four whites were waiting for their new owners in the Costa Mesa, SoCal delivery center.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
And by the time my AWD unit rolls around, the chances of the "thank you for standing in line" model is quite unlikely to be even a memory. Seems like the stores just got a bunch of them, and handed them out to anybody who was picking up a car. I'm not sure how they'd planned to tie those to the line-standers.

I think I'll be OK. I'll ask my support dog. :)

Again....what a sham.

I mean shame again......why do I keep doing that?

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
Look...

we all know....Tesla really didn't care about line waiters - from the beginning.

There should be a song tilted - "Its all about the ramp"

Or write a book about it. We already have "Lady and the Tramp"....How about "Tesla and the ramp"?

Reactions: adaptabl

RTPGiants

Dec 18, 2017
Durham, NC
I was an online day 1 reservation and got one, yes.

As to "Tesla really didn't care about line waiters". I guess? A friend of mine stood in line in the same area I'm in and got his car 2 months earlier. Seems like that's a win?

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
I was an online day 1 reservation and got one, yes.

As to "Tesla really didn't care about line waiters". I guess? A friend of mine stood in line in the same area I'm in and got his car 2 months earlier. Seems like that's a win?
Getting a car you ordered isn't a win.

We are talking about the TOY. LOL

DID he get the TOY?

• Funny
Reactions: Twiglett

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC