TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did Everyone Who Made A Reservation On Day 1 Get A Model Car?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chronopc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. JDea

JDea Member

I was a line waiter and had it in my center console (Costa Mesa).

2. taylor

taylor Member

ahh gotcha. sorry that your elite-status for waiting in line got extended into those that ordered online pre-reveal (or just online Day 1).

Stupid online reservation holders, screw them for having to work that day on top of not having a Tesla store within 150 miles of them! We demanded exclusiveness!

• Funny x 1
  3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

I think the model car has free supercharging, but only for line waiters. :D

4. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Line waiters did get their Model 3 first though, right?

5. eastpointvet

eastpointvet Member

Line waiting and didnt get a car when i took delivery

6. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Not a line waiter. Ordered online Day 1. Did not get a model with my delivery in January.

I kinda want one, but eBay prices are a bit high. Might pull the trigger on one anyways.

7. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

Please.....

Elon made the statement about something special for line waiters. Not me. HE made it exclusive. Please send him an email.

• Like x 1
  8. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

Yes.

9. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

It does not matter anymore if you are a line waiter or not - AS ELON SAID.

Its all a dead now.

10. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I got a small model 3 when I picked up my car.

11. sperkin

sperkin Member

I stood in line and didn't get one. Service delivery guy said someone took it out of my car while they were leaving with their car cause they wanted 2. The service center didn't have any extras.

12. intjester

intjester Member

This is such complete BS.

Elon did express gratitude to all the buyers who plunked down $1000 pre-reveal without even seeing the car. Many of those people waited in line, many showed up in the afternoon and did not. He’s also thanked Roadster, S and X buyers numerous times for helping bankroll the company and its mission with their purchases. Think it might be worth it to Tesla to let those owners jump in front of the Model 3 line waiters as a thank you?

Elon is trying to make the world a better place for humanity and you’re crying like a 2 year old over a trinket. Boo hoo. You chose to wait in line to get the car, not a free toy. Grow up.

• Like x 2
  13. colinrego

colinrego Member

FYI: picked up my M3 in Dedham yesterday. I had the scale model M3 in my center console. For what it’s worth, I am part of the unwashed masses (I.e. online reservation holder).

14. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

#54 Garlan Garner, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Complete BS?

And in your first sentence...and remaining paragraph you agree with me. . LOL

How about going to these 57 pages of posts and tell them they are BS also since you have such a foul mouth.

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

You can also use your colorful language with these folks also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/804zwl/m3oc_claims_to_know_what_the_special_something_is/

We'll wait.....

15. nogajim

nogajim Member

My understanding was that it was for pre-reveal. I reserved in store on the afternoon of Day one. Had to do my day job first. When I picked up our full-size 3, I asked about the little one. At first they came back and said that I had used a friend’s reservation or something. I explained exactly when I had reserved and he came back with this microcar. I guess Tesla is operating under the same delusion as I am.

16. WhiteMountains

My car did not have the miniature car, but I emailed the delivery center after I got home and they said that they will FedEx it to me.

17. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

I should do that too. Didn't get the miniature car.

18. Devanish

Devanish Member

I did, but what I'm salty about is that I didn't receive the sketch that was mailed out, where as a friend who ordered hours after I did got one.

19. hacer

hacer Active Member

Today I had my 2nd annual service done on my model S at the Rockville service center, which was a great experience except for the loaner car was a lousy Buick. When I picked up the car, I explained that I didn't get a toy car at deliver of the model 3 and they gave me one!

20. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

When you go back. Get another one. Many people here can't get one....and maybe you can send them one.