Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I find a rare beast?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just put a massive downpayment on a Model X that I grabbed as soon as I saw it online.

2016 X P90DL with AP2? Tow package.

I wasn't aware that the AP2 came on 2016?

How can I tell if it has FSD? I have the vin, but will not have the car for 5 days.

Tried creating tesla account, but it requires state registration before I can add it and view the build sheet.

I have a 7 day return period, what should I check for when it arrives since it is 6 years old?

Do I need a brake controller for a heavy trailer?

Thanks, I am sure these questions have been asked 1000 times.

Not sure if this is the screen for software, I can see ludicrous but dont know what red and purple are.
dash.JPG

Not sure if this is the screen for software, I can see ludicrous but dont know what red and purple are.
View attachment 888878
That doesn’t mean it has Ludicrous. I think that’s in reference to the musical artist or something because it doesn’t show up like that.

You can get it in your Tesla account with a bill of sale, but you need the car to be able to set the name on the car.

See if the transport can hit the “software” button and take a pic of that screen. 2016 did have AP2 later in the year. I’ve got a friend with one.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
AP2 started in Oct 2016
FSD should be listed on software screen as included package
Test functionality of every button n feature Put it on a lift n check it out underneath, pretty much like u would do for any used car

• Disagree
Reactions: NevG
@lickylabrador, I am not sure why you are thinking this is such a rare beast. But for whatever help it may be, the Wayback archives let you see the options and features as presented by Tesla towards the end of 2016. It is worth noting than many things were sold as options back then, even on the Performance. So first thing i would want to confirm is what features it has.

Order a Tesla Model X | Tesla

Last edited:
Navigation shows LTE at the top if this helps?
That most likely means that the MCU was upgraded to MCU2.. but definitely does not prove that as it is possible to upgrade 3G to LTE with just the modem without changing the MCU. Please take a picture of the main screen under "software" and also from the app under 'specs' and post here.. you'll get all your answers within minutes

That most likely means that the MCU was upgraded to MCU2.. but definitely does not prove that as it is possible to upgrade 3G to LTE with just the modem without changing the MCU. Please take a picture of the main screen under "software" and also from the app under 'specs' and post here.. you'll get all your answers within minutes
My 2016 had LTE and MCU1.

Reactions: brainhouston
Depending on ownership/sale history, you may be able to drop the VIN into EV-CPO and see the full build options. It's not a guarantee, but should be accurate as of the last time Tesla publicly posted it for sale (assuming it was resold by Tesla, etc).

The P90D badging being underlined GENERALLY means it has Ludicrous, but some owners do silly badging, so it's not a for certain.

What would make this more rare is finding a 2016 Model X Performance w/ FUSC, lifetime connectivity, and FSD. If all those stars align, you've got yourself a "unicorn" by most definitions!