Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I get a "good" lease deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a "Inventory" Model S Last week

Specs:

S 75
Midnight Silver Metallic
Glass Roof
19" Slipstream Wheels
Black leather premium
Carbon Fiber trim
Enhanced AP
Premium interior package
50 miles

MSRP was 90,250

Vehicle was marked down to 82,050 - referral = 81,050

Lease is 36 months 5k down, 930 month (including sales tex)

money factor is .00021 (5.04%) and residual is 54,430

Seems like a decent deal, just making sure im not missing anything!

I went the inventory route too as the discount off MSRP has a significant positive impact on lease payments (as you know). These looks like "good" numbers to me.

Just curious, how did you find it? Tesla site? Third party site? Direct interaction w/ someone at Tesla who found you an "offline" car?

I haven't found the Inventory cars to be any better in price vs. a car you customize and get everything you want. I found that while I could get a car right away, I'd either have to give up the Dual Motor (which I can't imagine after test driving a D configuration) or the color of my choice or one of the FSD capabilities. Might as well get the car you want if you are going to drop this type of cash on it.

@Tforme and @OilSucks

You both make good points, but are missing the specific point re. leases, and no, I don't mean to start another one of these lease vs. buy debate :)

When leasing, the residual amount is calculated based off of the MSRP. The lease payments however are calculated based off of the final discounted sale price. Because of this, you're benefiting from an "inflated" residual so the higher the discount (as a percentage of the MSRP) the better as this will reduce your payments. That math is a key reason to look at inv. cars when going down the leasing route.

I ordered a "Inventory" Model S Last week

Specs:

S 75
Midnight Silver Metallic
Glass Roof
19" Slipstream Wheels
Black leather premium
Carbon Fiber trim
Enhanced AP
Premium interior package
50 miles

MSRP was 90,250

Vehicle was marked down to 82,050 - referral = 81,050

Lease is 36 months 5k down, 930 month (including sales tex)

money factor is .00021 (5.04%) and residual is 54,430

Seems like a decent deal, just making sure im not missing anything!

Sounds high to me for a 75 non D. What % is the sales tax?