Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I get scammed? [on tint and PPF install]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real tint shops have pattern cutters with patterns for most cars. They perfectly precut the tint to your windows so the edges are exactly perfect. If he does not have a cutter, then he can never achieve high quality results. Before the cutters, which is a long time ago, they went through a lot of razor blades with steady hands to get good results. That dude used a dull kitchen knife on your car.
This isn't always true. If the tinter is skilled, they can do hand cuts. I know of at least two tinters in my area that do hand cuts and they come out perfect. However, this person is a butcher and not a tinter.

I can sympathize. Up until this year, I drove 1.5 hrs away from my house to get my ppf and tint done by the same place (they did 4 of my cars in 10 years) …. I found a more local place (15 min away) to put ppf back on a single door.

The local place criticized the ppf that I had always went to , but when they did it, they didn’t wrap the edges of the car door. I didn’t realize it until a few days later. But I knew I was trading it in and I didn’t want to take more time off, rent another car, for them to redo it.

Now for some advice…. Are they authorized dealers/installers of the tint/ppf?

If so, contact the manufacturer and let them know. Some manufacturers don’t want bad installers giving their product a bad name. They may be able to offer a solution or put pressure on the shop to make it right. Good luck!

If you’re in the Chicagoland area, I can give my recommendations….
Hello Andrew! About to take delivery of MY and already worried about nicks and damages. I do live in the Chicagoland area, any recommendations on who can do a good ppf job?

Reactions: zoomer0056