Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I just destroy my windscreen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my car from the detailer. I had the car wrapped in XPEL and an opticoat pro layer added on top including a special opticout product for the windscreen.

Just before I was about to pick it up the installer phoned me to advice me to not pick up the car because it needs to dry for a few days and it was raining today but the owner told me that I could pick it up. I really needed the car today so we picked it up but it looks like someone dropped a jar of vasaline on the windscreen and spread it out with their hands.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this after picking up their car from a detailer?

Did I just pay 9K to destroy my car?

It looks like you just destroyed the opticoat, so they may have to redo that.

Since the manager told you explicitly you could come and pick it up, I think you have a good case to make for them having to redo it for free.

As in tried the Pirelli P7s, from the Good Year RS-A2s... shipping + mount balance = waste of $200

Also, I bought a $6 LED light for my jet ski trailer... that I hate. Now off to spend $11 on the correct one online. Wasting $ KILLS me...
I don't mind spending it. I mind wasting it.

I had optiglass put on my windshield, and it dried for days before I picked it up, but the same oily vasoline issue happened to me too. It turned out there is a stock permanent coating on the windshield that is incompatible with optiglass. The shop had to remove the optiglass and refund my money for that part of the work. You'll need to do the same.