Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I just screw up selling my Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m getting my car ready for Vroom to pickup tomorrow and I remember someone mentioned to delete all my personal settings from the car... I went to “Service” and then “factory reset”. It rebooted the computer and seemed to reset everything and remove my profile and WiFi network and stuff... but it also removed my odometer reading! Now it just shows “odometer —“ at the bottom of the little cards on the bottom left and when I go into the main menu screen it shows “— mi”

I KNOW tomorrow morning the carrier is going to want to document mileage on the car... what the hell did I just do?! How do I get the odometer back? Even in the app it just shows up as blank...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 468
  • Funny
Reactions: kevin1
Good call! You guys fixed it. Within 10 feet it came back... odd that you had to get the car in motion. I had sat in it for a good ten minutes poking around and wondering if it would come back...

So I guess tomorrow just delete my phone key and use the keycard for hand it off to Vroom?

Then premium connectivity can be cancelled from my Tesla.com account, right? Anything else I need to worry about resetting or deleting?

Reactions: IdaX
I havent sold (or lease returned) a tesla but I would delete the phone as key tonight, instead of tomorrow. No need to have that in there tonight that I can see, since you have both keycards.

I HAVE lease returned several BMWs though, and it is absolutely correct that you have to take care to delete all of your information, because no one else is likely to do it for you.

You probably did this already as well, but make sure you check the frunk, trunk, sub trunk, back of seat pockets, and glove compartment and remove all that stuff now. No reason to wait, unless you are planning on driving somewhere between now and tomorrow.

I havent sold (or lease returned) a tesla but I would delete the phone as key tonight, instead of tomorrow. No need to have that in there tonight that I can see, since you have both keycards.

I actually sent one keycard off already to Vroom and will hand the other off to the driver tomorrow. I guess I can delete the phone key tonight... just need to verify my card works first... I haven’t used it since the day I took delivery of the car, lol

When I sold my Tesla to Vroom, I tracked it for a few days.
The App could not track the car while being transported on the truck but when they unloaded and moved the car it showed up on the app again.
I watched the battery go down lower and lower.... below 20% ....

After you see the car travel via your app and are satisfied it reached its destination, you also want to go into your Tesla account on the website and under the "manage" button for the car, there is another button that says "remove car". Then the new owner won't be able to supercharge on the credit card tied to your account...