TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Did I stumble across the Corona, CA Supercharger?

Discussion in 'North America' started by Psrenv, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Does this look like the beginning of a SC?

Attached Files:

2. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Attached Files:

3. McRat

McRat Active Member

Where is that at? Nearest cross-streets.

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Hard to tell at this point--could simply be a regular L2 or DCFC charger location. We had similar construction near our home and it ended up being CCS/ChaDeMo chargers being installed by the local electric company.

• Like x 1
  5. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

#5 Ulmo, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Those smaller conduits (1"?) look like the right size for destination chargers, and the background indicates the type of establishment to be a perfect site for destination chargers.

There's a lot of destination chargers going in at a lot of destinations, and this is a superior way to charge a Tesla compared to a SuperCharger when you have reached your destination; plug it in and walk away, come back to it full the next morning, and less battery degradation. That's better than a SuperCharger any day, once you have reached your destination, as long as you have no issues plugging in and getting enough charge while plugged in.

6. McRat

McRat Active Member

Doh!!! I'm an idiot. I've eaten at Luna before. Nice restaurant, upper $ Mexican fare. Not sure about 4 star cuisine, but pleasant. Not jeans and drunk construction workers.

If you have to spend an hour, Luna's is nice.

It's going to hard for some to find. Get off on Magnolia and the 15. Go to towards Lowes but don't turn at AAA keep on going down that road.

7. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Talked to LUNA owner and he thinks it is a redoing of sprinkler system. I will sniff around this week and keep this updated. It is off the 15 at Magnolia, first stop South of 91. I thought a better place would be at The Crossings a few stops South of this one.

8. McRat

McRat Active Member

That looks like gray underground electrical conduit. It should be bell mouthed at one end because it daisy chains. And it looks deep. And that there are already some in the trench.

And...

You do your sprinklers before the plants when doing landscaping for obvious reasons. Broken underground irrigation has a wet trench not a dry one.

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

You may well have found it! But too soon to now for sure. Thanks for the photos, I particularly enjoyed the two showing your feet. ;) Please take another look in a week or so, and if this turns out to be a Supercharger I will have this thread moved to the California Superchargers forum. Thanks!

• Funny x 1
  10. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Although this doesn't look like a supercharger, you can try a permit lookup in Corona if you know the street to check. If you are REALLY determined, you can also search for permit B1701 and then check the 900+ permits individually for a supercharger anywhere in the city.

11. McRat

McRat Active Member

Not likely a SuperCharger:

PERMIT DETAIL
    Permit No:
    B1701342
    Owner:
    CITY OF CORONA - DWP Issued Date:
    Final Date:
    Permit Type:
    Description:
    INSTALL (3) CHARGING STATIONS*CITY PROJECT*

I find it funny that they issued a permit but the status is Plan Check. In our city, you need a Plan Check before they issue a permit. Until Plan Check is approved, you can't break ground.

• Informative x 1
  12. Leland

Leland Member

Stopped by the location this morning. Didn’t see any of the usually large pits/foundations for Supercharger cabinets or new switchgear. Looked more like a J1772 or destination charger installation.

13. ps004ynos

ps004ynos Member

Does anybody know if the Supercharger map pins are location specific? The map drops the pin on 6th just east of Main in Corona. I've driven by there but don't see obvious construction.

14. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

They are not. The pins are just on the center of the city they point to.

• Like x 1
  15. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Went by yesterday...does not look good for a SC. I think owner of LUNA was correct and it is an upgrade for electrical sprinkler system. Damn! Still think it will be at The Crossings or Do Lagos shopping areas.

16. Leland

Leland Member

17. Leland

Leland Member

Looks like 3 J1772.

18. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Haha...missed you by an hour!

19. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Haha...missed you by an hour!

20. Psrenv

Psrenv Member

Went by Do Lagos Theatres and to the South they are also building similar chargers. I now wonder with these Destination Chargers where the SC will be?