Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did last sw update break bluetooth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My iphone 12 pro stopped connecting to bluetooth since last sw update. The phone shows "connected", but the car doesn't connect manually or automatically. It wouldn't even delete the existing "profile", it gets stuck in "please wait" forever. I tried several recents, both car and phone. Nothin. I am on 2020.44.15. Anyone else has this issue?

I'm having similar problems and it's maddening! I'm on Samsung/Android. My phone connection consistently goes in and out every 30 seconds or so specifically since the last update. I've rebooted already. How do we find out if there's a known bug or report problems? Thanks!!

If the phone won’t connect, try forgetting the device and re pair. When my car has been in service mode, and I get my car back my phone won’t connect. I have to forget it and re pair. After that all is good.

I had the same issue a couple weeks ago. When I tried to call someone, the car didn't recognize who I was trying to call b/c the car wouldn't download all my contacts. This is a recent development, b/c I've used the call feature in the car many times. Not sure exactly when it started, but probably in the last month or two. I too tried Forget this Device on both the car and the iPhone 7 with OS 14.2, and the car continued to get stuck with the spinning circle trying to Forget Device. I reached a point where I was able to Forget on both the car and the phone but then couldn't pair them back again. This went on for a week, so I made a mobile service appointment. When the tech came to my house in his Model S, he couldn't get the car to work either. We went out and paired my phone with his MS, and the phone paired perfectly. Then he tried pairing his iPhone 7 to my X, and it paired but also didn't download all the contacts from his phone either. This makes it pretty clear it's not my phone and has something to do with my X. He couldn't fix the problem. He said he would have the SC do a remote diagnostic, which they did yesterday, so I was told. So this morning after getting parked at work, I Forgot both devices again, repaired, and lo and behold, all my contacts downloaded. All is back in order. Not sure if this is temporary, but it worked as of this morning.

Posting a quick update on my end. All is fixed with great service from my local mobile service team. There was something wrong with the bluetooth function on my individual car, but the professional plugged into the system, erased the past entries there, and did a reflash (? sorry, I'm not very technically oriented) which did the trick. Back to normal!

Posting a quick update on my end. All is fixed with great service from my local mobile service team. There was something wrong with the bluetooth function on my individual car, but the professional plugged into the system, erased the past entries there, and did a reflash (? sorry, I'm not very technically oriented) which did the trick. Back to normal!
Exactly what a ranger did with my car yesterday.
Had the same problems.
Billing says: reflashed the parrot.
Problem is over.

Reactions: rocketdallas