TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Did Leasing Payments Drop Again?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jweinstein, Dec 5, 2014.

1. jweinstein

jweinstein Member

#1 jweinstein, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    My P85D is $132,470. Leasing at 15K miles per year with the $5,000 down payment showed a payment of $1,953/month after Tesla announced improved lease pricing in conjunction with their U.S. Bank relationship. Prior to that announcement, the lease payment was north of $2,000/month for the same vehicle configuration, but I can't recall the exact amount. Tonight, on a whim, I re-priced my car, and the payment is down to $1,815/month. Am I just too tired from reading the P85D delivery thread, and all mixed up, or was there another pricing adjustment?

Thanks. - Josh

2. David_Cary

David_Cary Member

It did not recently go down. I just checked. But - I do think it went down a little bit somewhere between 5 and 10 days ago. After the initial announcement but not in the last 5 days

3. AMN

AMN Member

I just repriced our $129,920 P85D and the 15k lease payment went down from around $2030 to $1773. It happened during the last 3 weeks.

I am now officially interested in leasing the darn thing.

4. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Lol, do it! :biggrin:

5. David_Cary

David_Cary Member

Me too. Initially leasing looked crazy - except for the tax benefit. The payment was in spitting distance to buying over 6 years (which I guess makes sense at 50% residual). But now it looks reasonable.

And the other thing is that it was about $200 a month more for the P85D. Since I can mentally pay with pre-tax dollars, it is more like $100 a month. Much easier to mentally justify $3600 over 3 years.... (skipping 21 rims and air).

6. Mjc123

Mjc123 Member

lease payments appear to have dropped by about 9% on my configuration from the last time I checked a couple weeks ago

7. jstepy

jstepy Member

Due to this thread I went to double check my lease numbers again and yes they are showing up with a savings of about 142 bucks... I emailed my DS asking about it as I have already accepted the other offer but I would assume they would adjust for the new rate... right?