Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Model X Windshield Save My Life?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trailer hitch receiver headed straight toward my left eye at approximately 75 mph. Showered with glass but okay.

image2.jpeg
\

image4.jpeg

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
The mother of a childhood classmate died when a hubcap came off a truck, hubcap crossed the highway, crashed through the windshield and struck her. It was the saddest thing when my dad took me to his house after it happened. These things do happen and so glad it is just glass damage.

Save your life? Maybe!

Getting struck by a 2-3 pound object in your noggin traveling even at 10 mph would cause serious damage and a subsequent loss of control - a cascade of unfortunate events.

Fortunately, it’s only glass and didn’t hit straight on.

Talked to a Model S driver in South Lake Tahoe about a month or two ago (Red Sox fan, as per his license plate) and he said his windshield was going to cost him $997. I was admiring the color of his car (and comparing against the Model X right next to his, both charging) when he came by.

So I think that costs vary depending on State, make, model and year.

Trailer hitch receiver headed straight toward my left eye at approximately 75 mph. Showered with glass but okay.

View attachment 455264 \

View attachment 455265
Does no one have insurance? I just had my front roof panel replaced @ tesla in Burlingame, CA (rock hit and cracked it) the $1200 repair cost me the $100 deductible. Same deductible as when my rear driver quarter window was broken by thieves finding out nothing was in my trunk.