Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

did my car jack itself up while charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I've got the air suspension... I plugged in to HPWC in my garage... it's a hot day but not crazy hot and warm in the garage. After charging for a bit I step into the garage and the Tesla is roaring with cooling fans going... and the car is on 'very high' suspension setting.

I'm pretty sure when I parked, it was on standard height.

Do you think the car jacks itself to get better cooling under the battery and to open up the air flow around the driver's front wheel where there is air intake/exhaust for the cooling system?

Anybody else notice this behaviour?

It's actually the first time I've heard the roar in my own garage... I've noticed it cooling at superchargers before. Maybe even then it was raising height. I dunno... seems like a first for me and wondering if maybe a new function?

I've never seen it happen on my car and I don't recall any other forum posts, and the highs have been hovering around 38 here. Have you ever put your car in very high when rotating tires in the garage? If you did and you didn't cancel, that would explain it.