Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did my car steer to avoid accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shock-On-T

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
I’ve had my S75D for about a year.
The other day I entered a main road from a side road at fairly high speed, accelerating and turning left. There was a concreted divider (wall) which I was approaching as I turned in. I was driving fast but was obviously not planning to hit the divider.
Suddenly as I neared the barrier the car made a long beeeeep sound and the wheel pulled in my hands to tighten the curve (away from the barrier).
It was not a particularly loud beep, just a long medium volume beep. It wasn’t the red hands. I didn’t have autopilot on.
Anyone know what this was?

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Happened to me about a yr ago. At the 27" mark you hear it dim the volume and beep 3 times. It ripped the wheel out of my hand, even though I didn't feel like I was that close to the divider. (not complaining here) Stoked the car took action.
AP was off, as you can hear prior to the 27" mark I disable it.

• Informative
Reactions: deonb and J1mbo
AP2 here. The other day I was in the carpool lane and I see a car about to jump the double yellow to come into my lane pretty much cutting me off. Fully aware of the wall to the left of me I still slowed down and pulled a bit to the left to give him more room. The collision warning sound went off and definitely felt the car resist me not wanting me to go any more to the left. All AP features would have disengaged as soon as I slowed but believe I was just using TACC prior to this.