Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did not receive the Holiday V11 software update and cannot update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my MYP earlier today, but it did not come with the v11 software update. When I go to update it in the software settings, it says that I have the latest version 10...something. Do I need to do something to be able to get v11? Thank you in advance for the advice.

I just took delivery of my MYP earlier today, but it did not come with the v11 software update. When I go to update it in the software settings, it says that I have the latest version 10...something. Do I need to do something to be able to get v11? Thank you in advance for the advice.
Yes, turn off your Wi-Fi to avoid it. So many complaints, maybe you need to reconsider.

Brand new Teslas come with older factory software. The advantage is it might be a good idea to let new customers experience the version that is proven and stable with no surprises. It wants you to enjoy the stability for a while first like a month or so then you'll get your latest update like everyone else and then you will be able to complain about the new version after that but not before.

While waiting, you need to do 2 things:

1) connect your car to reliable, stable wifi. You don't want to get a corrupted version.
2) Go to the Software menu and click on "Advanced" instead of "Normal".

I was upset at first when I didn't get the update on December 24th. I still haven't. Then I saw a friend of mine who received it. I hate it. He hates it. I turned my software option to "Standard" and removed my home's WiFi. I prefer to keep the current one. All Tesla had to do was add blindside view to the current UI. That would have been more than fine.

I'm about practically. Removing functions from one click to two is not user friendly. Also, certain features cannot be turned on/off without turning others on. And the font is worse. I already have bad eye sight. The "toys" are a joke. This is a car not a toy (to me). Function over fancy.

Hoping to keep the old/current UI for as long as possible.

Reactions: tccartier and Boza
Speaking of having the older software, is there a way for us to revert back to that software ?
I wish. This is the drawback of constant over-the-air updates. While new features are always welcome, I simply can't stand when a UI that everyone has grown so used to is overhauled with "improvements" that some genius figured would be better for everyone with no recourse to go back. You'd think as an iOS user I'd have grown used to this, but no.

Whether you like V11 (holiday update) or not, if you have a new car, relax and don’t think about it. It took my new Y exactly four weeks to get any new update. Then it got the holiday update on schedule. There is nothing you can do to accelerate this as long as you are on good Wi-Fi. Service will not/cannot do anything. The only thing they may do is reload the current release for you that your VIN is set to. Been there done that. :)

Reactions: T-Mom
No, it does not work that way. You will get the nag every time you put the car in park or wake it up. There is also evidence that, at some point, they will install the update regardless. If you have a component change or maintenance the SC will install it as well.
Resistance is futile - you can delay but not prevent :)

• Informative
Reactions: Spam2Yam
soon to be owner here, So technically you can block the update from occurring by not allowing a wi-fi connection and setting to standard? And no new updated will every occur, or could Tesla push it somehow?
As a new owner try to resist following along with the negative “fear of change group”. The new update is actually really good and improved in many ways. Many here simply don’t want anything to change from their comfort zone. As a new user you will love it and wonder what all the tears are over.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
As a person, who bought the car to drive it, not to use it as a gaming console, I would suggest that you don’t apply updates as soon as they come up. Changes could be improvements; unfortunately, Tesla often do “changes for the change’s sake” and many of them are “beta”. “Don’t install v.0” applies here even more - unless you want to be on the “bleeding edge” of testing. Since there is no air gap between the car controls and entertainment system that could be serious. Be aware that V11 seems to be a special case where they went to many very questionable extremes. Also, be aware that there are extremes, both on the negative and “cool aid” side.

Read the forums, watch videos and decide for yourself. But, ultimately, you will get whatever they decided to do.

I've test driven the car twice and have sat in friends cars with the previous version so I'm quite familiar with V10, and watching v11 videos, removal of the profile from the home screen and hiding a lot things to a second menu is what's turning me off. I don't plan on gaming unless on road trips at SC and the light show doesn't interest me.

I do see some improvements with the side camera and way points, I'll see what version I get and just deal with it of course but if I can hold off on v11 longer for them to make more updates I will.

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: pete462002