TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did Tesla change extended warranty- no charge for service

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Sharkdiver76, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Sharkdiver76

Sharkdiver76 Member

Did Tesla change their extended warranty plans? I used it for the first time last week after getting water in the tail lights, I was expecting to pay $200 deductible however when I got service invoice it said no charge and didn't ask for it when I picked the car up.

I also had a bad tpms sensor so they upgraded my gen1 system with the newer sensor system as well for no charge. After some bad previous service visits in San Diego them seem to have really stepped up their game, wait time and communication was great.

• Informative x 1
  2. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

How any miles do you have on the car? If it is within the stated warrantee then it should have been covered.

Dan

3. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Active Member

Shhhhhh.....don't tell everyone - then Tesla will experience another growth spurt and the service centers will be over-loaded again!;)

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on locations and the mood of staff. Some don't some do.

Per policy, yes on $200 deductible.

They could replace your TPMS with the same old system. I should cost you an upgrade for new system.

Enjoy the courtesy while you can.

Future is another guess!

5. Sharkdiver76

Sharkdiver76 Member

Car is out of normal warranty- miles don't matter, it is a 2013 and have had for 6 years.

Yes I am happy that sensors did get updated, I was pretty surprised when I dropped it off and they stated they would upgrade for no charge under warranty. Just went over both invoices one before service and one after, I just didn't want to get billed later. Makes spending the $4k almost worth it since this is the first visit since buying the extended warranty.