Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla change the Model 3 pricing again today?

dingmah

May 4, 2019
Canada
Future Model 3 owner here, and it looks like Tesla changed the pricing on the Model 3 options again today. Paint option now costs $1,300 and FSD now costs $7,900. Pretty sure that these were priced $2,000 & $6,600 yesterday.

Tesla definitely did make changes to how they show the pricing now, because now their pricing includes the $5,000 government rebate.

Kmartyn

Mar 7, 2019
Toronto
Future Model 3 owner here, and it looks like Tesla changed the pricing on the Model 3 options again today. Paint option now costs $1,300 and FSD now costs $7,900. Pretty sure that these were priced $2,000 & $6,600 yesterday.

Tesla definitely did make changes to how they show the pricing now, because now their pricing includes the $5,000 government rebate.

Yes the price of FSD went up May 2nd. It was pre-announced to go up May 1st, but was a day late being implemented. There has been the suggest by Elon, that it could increase by $3000 over time.

The price for the paint and basic autopilot dropped a short while ago.

Reactions: Muskol

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
As far as I can tell paint is same price it was yesterday. $2000 for red and white, $1300 for colours other than black.

hingisfan

hingisfan_Mark_V
Oct 19, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
White 2000, red 2600
Delivery now included in price for some reason too.
7900 for FSD? Yikes, no thanks!
Glad they made basic AP standard, 6600 for ap plus a couple bonus features was pretty pricy as well.
Wish they kept the mid range, the Lr rwd, or both. Huge 18k plus HST jump up from sr+ when rebate factored in, there's no way I could justify it.

Nixx

Nov 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
Certainly disappointing to me. I'm on the fence about ordering, and had FSD in the cart. $1300 more doesn't sway me to buying.

fwiw - I missed the announcement of FSD price increase and only found out today when drooling over my cart.

Kmartyn

Mar 7, 2019
Toronto
Certainly disappointing to me. I'm on the fence about ordering, and had FSD in the cart. $1300 more doesn't sway me to buying.

fwiw - I missed the announcement of FSD price increase and only found out today when drooling over my cart.
The increase was offset by the federal rebate IMO.

Reactions: Threader

dzmconstr

Nov 14, 2018
Virginia

$5,000, huh? Fed credit is $3750. Are you showing state as well in that?
DM

dj_gon

Jul 24, 2018
Markham, ON
This might be a little off topic but I've noticed that the price for FSD is changed for all the cars except for model Y. I guess since production is still far away, they didn't bother changing it... :rolleyes:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC