Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla change windshield (between 2019 and 2022)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 LR RWD 3. Had a windshield replacement back in 2019 and the part was listed as:

"M3 WSHLD ASSY LHD BASE IR PVB 4.5MM 1 (1466270-00-C)"

Unfortunately had another bad hit and getting my 2nd replacement today. The part is listed as:

"WSHLD ASSY LEFT HAND DRIVE IR ACOUSTIC NO SENSOR(1466270-S0-C)"

The part number has a minor change and my glass has always been laminated as per the St-Gobain Sekurit stamp on the bottom right. Did the glass change at some point to make it better at reducing noise? Or is it just a naming convention change? Part of me would like to believe but I find it hard to think they're any different.

See attachments for more.

Any thoughts? Perhaps it's just a naming change to distinguish between the heated wiper windshield and the regular ones?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.02.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.02.35 AM.png
    162.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.03.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.03.20 AM.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 107
There was some talk about this St GS naming convention and part number changes somewhere circa the 2021 refresh. I believe it coincided with the laminated driver and front passenger door glass.

See if the SC/MS who performed the replacement can share more info since they likely go through these windshields like Model 3/Y FUCAs.

Upvote 0
I have a 2018 LR RWD 3. Had a windshield replacement back in 2019 and the part was listed as:

"M3 WSHLD ASSY LHD BASE IR PVB 4.5MM 1 (1466270-00-C)"

Unfortunately had another bad hit and getting my 2nd replacement today. The part is listed as:

"WSHLD ASSY LEFT HAND DRIVE IR ACOUSTIC NO SENSOR(1466270-S0-C)"

The part number has a minor change and my glass has always been laminated as per the St-Gobain Sekurit stamp on the bottom right. Did the glass change at some point to make it better at reducing noise? Or is it just a naming convention change? Part of me would like to believe but I find it hard to think they're any different.

See attachments for more.

Any thoughts? Perhaps it's just a naming change to distinguish between the heated wiper windshield and the regular ones?
Differentiating the heated vs non-heated wiper windshield makes the most sense.

Upvote 0