Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla eliminate the MY Acceleration Boost upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Tesla eliminate the $2000 USD Acceleration Boost upgrade? Was looking for it on my mobile phone app and it was no longer there. Then, within the vehicle this morning, it read something like, "no upgrades are available with your subscription,"

Just checked, and it’s still an option for me. Maybe try to force quit the Tesla app or reboot your phone.

I’ve always been confused by this upgrade. It provides a quicker 0-60 by half a second, but does it give quicker relative acceleration beyond just a faster launch? By that I mean will the AB give me quicker acceleration when passing than my unboosted MYLR if I’m already traveling at 50-70 MPH?

Reactions: MrWattson
Just checked, and it’s still an option for me. Maybe try to force quit the Tesla app or reboot your phone.

I’ve always been confused by this upgrade. It provides a quicker 0-60 by half a second, but does it give quicker relative acceleration beyond just a faster launch? By that I mean will the AB give me quicker acceleration when passing than my unboosted MYLR if I’m already traveling at 50-70 MPH?
You've asked this elsewhere in this forum. There are a couple of threads that discuss this, you can find them using the search function, advanced.

IIRC, it's only at the low end (launch) that the difference is noticeable. I believe 50-80mph remains the same, but you can confirm that with a search.

You've asked this elsewhere in this forum. There are a couple of threads that discuss this, you can find them using the search function, advanced.

IIRC, it's only at the low end (launch) that the difference is noticeable. I believe 50-80mph remains the same, but you can confirm that with a search.
Thanks. I had been wondering about this recently and meant to do a search (but laziness prevailed at the time). Then I saw multiple posts about AB today. Figured I’d get multiple points of view from different upgraders on different threads not realizing it is probably a faux pas to post multiple times like that. Sorry if I offended.