Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla Fix Your Y after Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y has been with Tesla for the last week to fix Taillights, Trim pieces and a dent. I am getting nervous after reading some post were they are not fixing them.

Any feedback and pictures would be great.

Thank you!
From what I have read on here, all issues have been corrected, mine were small and was correct onsite the same day I picked it up. The wheel well trim (plastic part) had a scratch, they replaced it. One of the sensors rear bumper was pushed in, when they pulled the rear bumper to fix that sensor they also adjusted the rear tail lights. Some people have had the rear seat somewhat adjusted as it doesn’t line up, I have the same issue but it’s not that bad and I can deal with it. As long as the 2 rear seats drop by pressing those 2 buttons.

Fred

Reactions: CaliX
Got my model Y 5/29. Identified paint issues, misalignment of rear lights, interior pillars between first and second row had deep scratches. Paint issues and misalignment was addressed at the the first service appointment (paint issues required approval from Tesla HQ) and they only provided a loaner while the car was in the body shop for the paint issues. Pillar parts were on backorder and currently scheduled to be fixed on 7/21.

Reactions: DennyL and CaliX
I picked up mines on 5/23, took 2 weeks for HQ, engineering and management approval for body shop paint repairs. Car was dropped off on 6/15 to SC and SC will be getting the car back from body shop 7/20. Paint issues they will fix, just depends how hard you are willing to press. I had 26 issues to fix.

If I would have known it would have taken this long I may have rejected the car, but the body shop Tesla uses I have had great experience with them in the past, therefore, made sense for the paint respray. Tesla white factory paint suck. You can literally scratch the paint with your nails and the bumper and panels doesn't match.

Last edited:
Got my model Y 5/29. Identified paint issues, misalignment of rear lights, interior pillars between first and second row had deep scratches. Paint issues and misalignment was addressed at the the first service appointment (paint issues required approval from Tesla HQ) and they only provided a loaner while the car was in the body shop for the paint issues. Pillar parts were on backorder and currently scheduled to be fixed on 7/21.

How long has yours been at the body shop?

Tesla pretty much fixed everything wrong with my car, however I did not have any major issues such as having to repaint. I have one more appointment with them to fill up some windshield wiper fluid and address the backseats not automatically folding down as well as install the acoustic heating pump cover as mine did not come with it. After that I think my car will be 10/10 perfect

If your MY is at the Burbank service center, keep checking in on the progress. I took mine in for a couple of issues and they kept delaying my pickup date(was originally supposed to be one or two days). When I finally went to pick it up on day six, they had only worked on one issue.

Did they give you a loaner? All I got was an offer of "uber credit."

Nope. Took my MY for service and they kept delaying the pickup. Ended up in at the SC for 2 weeks. Got the invoice and found out most the issues I listed on delivery day was not there. Had to go in on day of pickup to get the delivery people to be aligned with the service people. Have to take the MY back to service once the parts are ready.

And the things they did fixed, one of the glass rim they replaced also contain a defect so they will have to fix it again. And about the alignment issue, they say it is "inherent" to the veichle and "within spec." See image.

Attachments

• 20200612_141648.jpg
    20200612_141648.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 259
  • 20200612_142331.jpg
    20200612_142331.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 149
I picked up mines on 5/23, took 2 weeks for HQ, engineering and management approval for body shop paint repairs. Car was dropped off on 6/15 to SC and SC will be getting the car back from body shop 7/20. Paint issues they will fix, just depends how hard you are willing to press. I had 26 issues to fix.

If I would have known it would have taken this long I may have rejected the car, but the body shop Tesla uses I have had great experience with them in the past, therefore, made sense for the paint respray. Tesla white factory paint suck. You can literally scratch the paint with your nails and the bumper and panels doesn't match.

@DennyL I sure hope your repaint goes smoothly and it should be better as yours is in a respected body shop, mine has been a nightmare that involved a ton of paint nibs, new solvent pops / craters (on top of preexisting ones from factory finish).. and because car had to be taken apart for this process, most of all exterior plastic trim is scuffed and scratched.. of course Tesla does not seem to care about replacing these- just rubber protectant and done. Tesla Service doesn’t want to address anymore “good will” concerning paint on my car after they had the repaint done at a non-Tesla certified shop with bad reviews.. my hatch and hood still have thin uneven blue paint which I’m having a good body shop address out-of-pocket. It’s not fun waiting 30-60 days for body shop paint to cure in the garage and let the soft paint cure, cannot PPF, cannot ceramic / wax. Due to car already being fully assembled with trim, seats, etc, no shop can cure the new paint at nowhere near high enough temperature as factory to make paint cure fast without killing other things. This is me having to personally wet-sand and polish out solvent pops that I made sure I had enough clear coat with a paint depth gauge.

DDE35F35-293D-44D0-B3C7-8CFF87DB4CA8.jpeg

• Informative
I took mine to the Pomona Service Center. I was given a Model S as my loaner car.

Issues that were fixed (in 2 days)
Car would not allow me to update software
Autopilot not showing-up
Wheels out of alignment
Front Passenger side window regulator needed adjusting
Black-out screen happened twice
Rear seats not folding when buttons in rear hatch were pressed
Some excess sealant/silicon on the top of the roof glass

Not yet fixed:
Small tear/scratch on overhead fabric near interior lights (appointment scheduled to replace)

If your MY is at the Burbank service center, keep checking in on the progress. I took mine in for a couple of issues and they kept delaying my pickup date(was originally supposed to be one or two days). When I finally went to pick it up on day six, they had only worked on one issue.

Did they give you a loaner? All I got was an offer of "uber credit."

No loaners which was tough to swallow but I have had the no loaners problem with other car companies. Thank you for the advice on Burbank.

@DennyL I sure hope your repaint goes smoothly and it should be better as yours is in a respected body shop, mine has been a nightmare that involved a ton of paint nibs, new solvent pops / craters (on top of preexisting ones from factory finish).. and because car had to be taken apart for this process, most of all exterior plastic trim is scuffed and scratched.. of course Tesla does not seem to care about replacing these- just rubber protectant and done. Tesla Service doesn’t want to address anymore “good will” concerning paint on my car after they had the repaint done at a non-Tesla certified shop with bad reviews.. my hatch and hood still have thin uneven blue paint which I’m having a good body shop address out-of-pocket. It’s not fun waiting 30-60 days for body shop paint to cure in the garage and let the soft paint cure, cannot PPF, cannot ceramic / wax. Due to car already being fully assembled with trim, seats, etc, no shop can cure the new paint at nowhere near high enough temperature as factory to make paint cure fast without killing other things. This is me having to personally wet-sand and polish out solvent pops that I made sure I had enough clear coat with a paint depth gauge.

View attachment 566595

Sad, do you know why it was sent to a non Tesla certified body shop? BS you have to fix out of pocket.

I also had some alignment issues, a dent on the door, and tape showing on the driver's side back lamp. Had to take it to the Van Nuys service center to get it fixed. There's still some alignment issues but they say it is within spec sadly.

I also notice some wind buffering (?) While traveling on highway speeds but the service center couldn't reproduce it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_172557.jpg
    IMG_20200701_172557.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20200701_162259.jpg
    IMG_20200701_162259.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Informative
I also had some alignment issues, a dent on the door, and tape showing on the driver's side back lamp. Had to take it to the Van Nuys service center to get it fixed. There's still some alignment issues but they say it is within spec sadly.

I also notice some wind buffering (?) While traveling on highway speeds but the service center couldn't reproduce it.
Is it within 7 days? What’s the alignment issue? Not driving straight on the road?

Fred

Yes and no. The issue is that the rear lift gate and tail lights will never really line up perfectly. They're just not manufactured/designed correctly (one of those). They moved my tail lights *slightly* but that's it. They DID give me a new windshield due to leaking, so that was good. So YES, they try to fix issues. However, their communication is awful.

• Informative
How long has yours been at the body shop?
Service Appt was Jun 9th . They fixed the hatch and light alignment (alignment is not perfect but within spec :( ) and got approval for paint issues from HQ on June 11th. Car went to body shop on that day and came back to Tesla Service Center on June 16th. Picked up the car then. I had the loaner X 95D from June 11-16. I was warned about the service by a friend who owns the 3 before purchasing. Despite this I am probably replacing my GLS with an X by the end of this year.

I picked up my MY July 15th and have 410 miles on it. No problems with fit or finish or operationally. The autosteer can be a bit sketchy.

I dropped it off for PPF and some tinting today. The shop has done about 30 M3 and three MY before me. He says my fit and finish is better than he's seen on the other cars.

My one disappointment was the moment I got the car home I scheduled an appointment to have the Homelink auto garage system installed. Their first appointment was about a month out. I'm going to be on a long road trip and will wait until I get back.