Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla just de-tune my car?? (Death rattle gone)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, I'm not so sure anymore. Tesla business model focuses on new customers, and dreamers to whom Elon can sell vaporware and hype. Maybe Elon will continue to keep finding new customers willing to give him many thousands of dollars for a dream. People don't seem to learn every time he doesn't deliver or delivers something completely underwhelming - they keep making excuses how it's going to be different with the current hype he's selling. He sold people 60 and 85KWh batteries, turned out that was a lie (even if you include the brick buffer). He sold a 691hp P85D, never delivered on that either. He sold AP1 which was supposed to find me anywhere on private property, never happened. He sold people FSD (the pre-march-2019 description) where the car can drive your friends and family around while they enjoy movies on the back seat, or the car will be making money for you while driving for Tesla's version of Uber) that will also never happen for people who paid for it. Yet, people continue to buy his hype.

Maybe their business model really is "selling dreams", like a lottery (though not regulated by any gaming laws, so customer odds are not guaranteed at all). Elon is really good at science fiction, sell dreams which seem plausible - lie fake news and urban legends. How long before Elon starts selling the flying car, which for now you will have to drive on the ground yoursel, but some day some over the air update will enable it to drive and fly all by itself! How much would you pay for a car which can drive and fly your kids to school and other activities, and whenever you don't use it will make money for you? So really Tesla will pay you to own that car, just not today of course, but some day "soon" which nobody can predict when. Remember Elon's claim that each Model 3 will be worth over $300K this year? You know well there are people who believed him too. Any fanboys left out there willing to place orders with me to make some major money? I will sell you however many you want for only $200K each, as long as you prepay now, take delivery by end of the year. ROFL.
That’s definitely their business plan at this moment. And yeah it seems so far it hasn’t been too big of a problem for Tesla they’re still selling (were pre covid) fairly well but at some point the scales will tip in the other direction where you’ll have so many pissed off owners that their reputation will be that of a slimy company that over promises and under delivers. Although with all the promises and vapor ware they’ve sold to date I can’t believe there are people who still take Elon’s word as gospel.

When he said that the model 3 was going to be an appreciating asset I couldn’t believe it, I can’t tell if he’s so delusional that he actually believes it or he’s so bold to tell a lie like that and think he can still remain trustworthy.

Reactions: Chaserr
When he said that the model 3 was going to be an appreciating asset I couldn’t believe it, I can’t tell if he’s so delusional that he actually believes it or he’s so bold to tell a lie like that and think he can still remain trustworthy.
Any car that doesn’t have a prancing horse flanked by the letters SF on it is highly unlikely to go up in value for at least 30 years. Model 3 is no different.