Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla just kill the Model S 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With last night’s announcement of the Performance Model 3, how do you justify buying a Model S 75D?

Model 3 Performance:
- 3.5s 0-60mph
- 310 miles range
- 155 mph top speed
- 78k all options included (except autopilot)

Model S 75D:
- 4.2s 0-60mph
- 259 miles range
- 140 mph top speed
- 74.5k (without any upgrades)

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
You often get performance overlap between the sportiest top-of-the-line smaller model and base model larger size car from any manufacturer. The S is obviously a much older design too and due a major refresh pretty soon. Again this happens a lot in the automotive industry with staggered model replacements. When the next gen S eventually comes out, the Model 3 will then become the older model etc.

Reactions: MarkS22
I was actually hoping for this. In 2 - 2.5 years, I will be looking to change out my current leased S 100D, and would like a slightly smaller version but don't want to give up the sportiness (speed), range, or AWD. Instead of leasing at that point, I'd probably just buy and call it a day.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Love my S. 3 needs a heads up display on the dual motor, with white interior, before I buy the 3... I’m in the ready to configure mode... just waiting... Tesla, are you listening?

HAha. Very concerning. So you already have "heads-up" on your dual motor S, and it has a white interior? Do you have any car with heads-up with a white interior? BMW? Volvo? Lexus? Mazda? As for buying the 3, I'm in the already configured already got mine mode. Why are you waiting? More than likely because there are 400,000 orders in front of you. I don't think Tesla cares much about people with set ideas about what they want. If you don't buy what they've got, somebody else will. That's profit. For the next two years. I got mine because it's electric. All those "heads-up" cars aren't.

Why are people so ga-ga about heads up? They still want to fiddle with the radio, use the cell phone, and crash with amazing regularity into cars ahead of them rather than look out the front window. Heads-up? How about "brain-on" first. Glancing six inches below the window isn't what's causing the accidents. That's why it's illegal in CA to drive holding a cell phone.

• Disagree
Reactions: gavine and dethman
The absence of the speedometer/tachometer behind the steering wheel is too much of a leap for me. I know people don't mind looking at the left side of the center monitor for all their information, but I think a head's up display would be an ideal option for those of us who 'have issues'... to each is own...

HAha. Very concerning. So you already have "heads-up" on your dual motor S, and it has a white interior? Do you have any car with heads-up with a white interior? BMW? Volvo? Lexus? Mazda? As for buying the 3, I'm in the already configured already got mine mode. Why are you waiting? More than likely because there are 400,000 orders in front of you. I don't think Tesla cares much about people with set ideas about what they want. If you don't buy what they've got, somebody else will. That's profit. For the next two years. I got mine because it's electric. All those "heads-up" cars aren't.

Why are people so ga-ga about heads up? They still want to fiddle with the radio, use the cell phone, and crash with amazing regularity into cars ahead of them rather than look out the front window. Heads-up? How about "brain-on" first. Glancing six inches below the window isn't what's causing the accidents. That's why it's illegal in CA to drive holding a cell phone.