TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did Tesla just raise the price of Pearl White and Red again?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by VT_EE, Aug 2, 2018.

1. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

I was just playing around with the model 3 configurator and noticed the price for Pearl White and Red is now $2000. That's $500 more than yesterday and $1000 more than in June. What is going on? Did they add gold flakes to the paint?

Attached Files:

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Looks like they upped the price of all the colors except Solid Black.

Destination and Doc fees have also been upped to $1200.

3. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

$1500 for any color other than black, and $2000 for white and red? The paint costs are getting crazy compared to other manufacturers in this vehicle class.

• Like x 1
  4. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

AND, LR and Performance are now both showing 2-4 month lag (no longer 1-3 months).
    If there's reality behind that, it means that the production pipe for Performance is filling up nicely, and the inventory of LR vehicles from the June/July production ramp is rapidly being sold off.

ASP just rose $700. Wow.

• Informative x 3
  5. boriszima

boriszima Member

wow, glad i placed my order for pear while beforehand. Tesla essentially doubled the price from $1k to 2k in a matter of 6 months or so?

6. NathanielHrnblwr

#6 NathanielHrnblwr, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    What is ASP? Average selling price?

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Or it's because the production rate is still low.

8. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

Avg Selling Price.

• Informative x 1
  9. stillageek

stillageek Member

Dual motor is up by $1000 as well

10. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

Interesting, this is more than paint for the larger Model S now. I wonder if the prices are about to go up for the S and X too soon.

11. tazaroo

tazaroo Member

This really makes me upset. I am a reservation holder and was just contemplating on placing my order in the next week or two but am having to look seriously at my budget. They should have given some warning before raising these prices. I hate to settle for black and even doing that would still cost 200 extra for delivery. It all adds up for a middle class family. My wife is trying to get me to give up on my 3 and look at a Clarity phev .

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. mrzhang

mrzhang Member

This is indeed an inconsistent pricing policy. Not cool.

13. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

Yep 2k now.

AWD is $1000 more as well.

14. El Chapo

El Chapo Member

Probably just gearing up for the standard model and trying to get as much as possible for any option outside of solid black while still allowing them to meet their 35k base price objective. I wouldn't be surprised if other options go up prior to opening orders for the standard model.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. NathanielHrnblwr

Well, he said they'd be profitable... they'll do it anyway they can.

• Like x 1
  16. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The Dual Motor option appears to be $5K. Is that an increase?

17. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

You bet. $1k increase

18. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I'd be more likely to buy a volt since chevy has proven battery tech for phevs and more range, and costs less, and looks better. No front power seat though... Phevs are kind of neat since in a long lasting power outage you could still drive on gas (well if you have some stashed like I do in my camper). But a more direct replacement would be the new leaf or bolt I guess. I think the bolt is a better replacement for the model 3 though. :)

Looks like clarity gives you an extra middle back seat and power front seats, but less range and I don't know enough about it's battery tech. It also gives you more HP but less torque.

I would at least test drive both so you can see which one has a better ride and comfort and regen braking :)

Also all the paint options except black went up $500. I think this is pretty crappy on teslas part. They should at least offer a basic white option as many people just do not want black....

19. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

This exactly.

Glad I ordered when I did. If my price wasn’t locked in and they raised it on me like this I’d be canceling and demanding a full refund.

20. stillageek

stillageek Member

Model S/X prices have been adjusted as well