Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla just raise the price of Pearl White and Red again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VT_EE

Apr 22, 2017
Earth
I was just playing around with the model 3 configurator and noticed the price for Pearl White and Red is now $2000. That's $500 more than yesterday and $1000 more than in June. What is going on? Did they add gold flakes to the paint?

Attachments

• temp.jpeg
    temp.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 95
This really makes me upset. I am a reservation holder and was just contemplating on placing my order in the next week or two but am having to look seriously at my budget. They should have given some warning before raising these prices. I hate to settle for black and even doing that would still cost 200 extra for delivery. It all adds up for a middle class family. My wife is trying to get me to give up on my 3 and look at a Clarity phev .

This really makes me upset. I am a reservation holder and was just contemplating on placing my order in the next week or two but am having to look seriously at my budget. They should have given some warning before raising these prices. I hate to settle for black and even doing that would still cost 200 extra for delivery. It all adds up for a middle class family. My wife is trying to get me to give up on my 3 and look at a Clarity phev .

I'd be more likely to buy a volt since chevy has proven battery tech for phevs and more range, and costs less, and looks better. No front power seat though... Phevs are kind of neat since in a long lasting power outage you could still drive on gas (well if you have some stashed like I do in my camper). But a more direct replacement would be the new leaf or bolt I guess. I think the bolt is a better replacement for the model 3 though. :)

Looks like clarity gives you an extra middle back seat and power front seats, but less range and I don't know enough about it's battery tech. It also gives you more HP but less torque.

I would at least test drive both so you can see which one has a better ride and comfort and regen braking :)

Also all the paint options except black went up $500. I think this is pretty crappy on teslas part. They should at least offer a basic white option as many people just do not want black....