Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla make a weirdmobile? Comparison 3 BMW 3 dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[wild speculation ahead]

I don't see any glove box release, or even a start button. What if Tesla built-in some kind of finger print lock for the glove box? or even for starting the car? A fingerprint lock for the glove box may be helpful in the car sharing application. fingerprint to start the car may work against it, though, unless if there is a BT based smartphone app that work alongside of it, to grant temporary access to other drivers.
Sure lets add even more expensive unnecessary technology to solve problems that don't exist, that will need updating, repairs, and troubleshooting.

• Funny
Reactions: mmd and Matias
Mostly because machines have always been stupid. I see this as something that is gradually changing and will continue to change as computers become more capable and able to understand spoken language in a conversational manner. In a couple decades, someone poking buttons could look stupid.
Maybe but we're not there now so cars designed for NOW shouldnt rely on voice commands.
If you goal is to help save the world via selling clean transportation, adding a bunch of frustrating, unreliable, unnecessary techno toys into the cars is an obstacle to your goal.

Reactions: N5329K
On the Model S you press the a button on the steering wheel to start a voice command. I suspect the Model 3 will be similar. I've been really pleased by how well the voice recognition works in the S (calling contacts, looking up songs on Slacker, etc).

But don't forget with the Model S/X you need to have internet connectivity for the voice commands to work.

My golf cart has a better dash than the Model 3. Here's the BMW X1 dash which is a similarly priced car.

BMW_X-series_X1_lightbox_04.jpg

Yes, and my riding lawn mower has a better dash than the model 3.

People talking on their Smart Phones in public places always looks and sounds stupid! o_O

Talking TO your phone and trying to use voice commands does make you look and sound stupid.
Talking ON your smart phone doesn't look stupid because you're talking to another person, unless you're having a full volume conversation like a lot of idiots forcing everyone around you to listen to what you're saying.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: T34ME