Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla re-assign your vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, did Tesla reassign your vin? If so how long did you wait for a new vin to be assigned to you and how much communications did they have with you?

I had my vin reassigned because they did not honour my ask to have my delivery date rescheduled by 13 days, and I have now been waiting for a new vin for 2 1/2 weeks since the date I wanted to have the car picked up or 4 1/2 weeks from the date they wanted me to pick up the car.

True, but they could have told me that they would be re-assigning my vin. That would have been good customer service.
It literally says that in the purchase agreement:

"You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. If you are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."

I had my Vin Reassigned... no updated on when I can get a new VIN.

It wasn't anything I did. Vin was assigned... i called in they congratulated me then the next week I call in since no delivery was schedule they said it was Reassigned. I asked when Will i get another VIN... ISR say Sept 18- Nov 18... What a frikken joke.

It literally says that in the purchase agreement:

"You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. If you are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."
Yes, this has been pointed out already. My opinion is that a good customer service experience would have included the ISA informing me that what I was asking for would have resulted in a reassignment of my vin. From reading other posts in TMC it’s clear that customer service is not a strong skill for Tesla.

Yes, this has been pointed out already. My opinion is that a good customer service experience would have included the ISA informing me that what I was asking for would have resulted in a reassignment of my vin. From reading other posts in TMC it’s clear that customer service is not a strong skill for Tesla.
OK, well, I agree there. They should have reminded you, either to inform you, or so you could decide to re-arrange whatever things you had going on to make sure you were there for delivery. But there is no guarantee that the car would be transferred to someone else. If there was no one in your region who was going to get that exact configuration, they could just as easily hold onto it, since it would incur more cost for them to ship it somewhere else. But given the current supply and demand, there was basically no way they were not going to be able to give it to someone else.

I was supposed to pick up my m3 on 9/26 (thursday), but the truck didnt arrive and I was traveling for the weekend. Store rescheduled me for the following week but sold the car to someone else while I was away to make their quarter numbers. I sold my current car... Not sure how Im getting to work next week...

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911