Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla's Speed Cause You to Get Speeding Tickets?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all the people jumping on this guy for driving over 100mph. Actually the people who put others in the most danger are the cops. They routinely drive well over 100mph to chase down people doing 5 or 10 over the limit. In my state, a State Trooper recently took out a family of 3 when he crested a hill going over 110mph and t-boned a sedan. He was after a car going 14 over.... a few month before that two teenagers got taken out by another cop, also driving over 100, chasing a speeder.

For all the people jumping on this guy for driving over 100mph. Actually the people who put others in the most danger are the cops. They routinely drive well over 100mph to chase down people doing 5 or 10 over the limit. In my state, a State Trooper recently took out a family of 3 when he crested a hill going over 110mph and t-boned a sedan. He was after a car going 14 over.... a few month before that two teenagers got taken out by another cop, also driving over 100, chasing a speeder.
Were they chasing with their lights and siren off?

So we should just let lawbreakers go unchecked?
I assure you severe civilian speeders kill more people than the officers chasing them.

I say this as someone who was twice stopped for more than 25mph over when I was younger. Both times were straight stretches and I pulled over soon as I saw I had the officer's attention.

Ridiculous hot take and epic topic bump. Combination Win!

Reactions: DopeGhoti
So we should just let lawbreakers go unchecked?
I assure you severe civilian speeders kill more people than the officers chasing them.

I say this as someone who was twice stopped for more than 25mph over when I was younger. Both times were straight stretches and I pulled over soon as I saw I had the officer's attention.

I’m saying there are better ways to enforce the law. I lived in China for 10 years, chasing down speeders was forbidden as it created a public danger. They rely on other methods such as roadblocks and cameras.

Also, I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but speed limits should be abolished on open stretches of the interstate. Germany’s autobahn has a very low fatality rate, much lower than the US interstate system. For many years Montana had no daytime speed limit, when a 75mph speed limit was introduced, fatal accident rose 111%.

With few exceptions, anytime the police launch a traffic enforcement blitz, accidents almost always increase.

Unpopular opinion, but statistics don’t lie.

Reactions: Ryephile
I’m saying there are better ways to enforce the law. I lived in China for 10 years, chasing down speeders was forbidden as it created a public danger. They rely on other methods such as roadblocks and cameras.

Also, I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but speed limits should be abolished on open stretches of the interstate. Germany’s autobahn has a very low fatality rate, much lower than the US interstate system. For many years Montana had no daytime speed limit, when a 75mph speed limit was introduced, fatal accident rose 111%.

With few exceptions, anytime the police launch a traffic enforcement blitz, accidents almost always increase.

Unpopular opinion, but statistics don’t lie.
I believe the Autobahn has open speed in some but not all sections and it's not exactly the same as US freeways. Also German drivers have much higher license requirements, higher car inspections and maintenance requirements, and super strict drunk driving laws. I'm not saying it couldn't work on some parts of the US Interstate system, but I have the feeling that we wouldn't be able to get all the necessary regulations in place to make it safe.

Nope. Actually I'm driving slower than with my previous WRX. It's so powerful that you don't need to keep some speed just in case...it just zooms if you need it. I accelerate quickly for the grin but that's it. The regen helps keep it slow too, or the way the accelerator is programmed... The overall feeling is well stuck to the ground. The drive feeling is good even when I'm slow

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
Nope. Actually I'm driving slower than with my previous WRX. It's so powerful that you don't need to keep some speed just in case...it just zooms if you need it. I accelerate quickly for the grin but that's it. The regen helps keep it slow too, or the way the accelerator is programmed... The overall feeling is well stuck to the ground. The drive feeling is good even when I'm slow

yes! I feel exactly the same. I’m a better, calmer driver than I was in the Cadillac.

The knowledge that power is always available at my toes means I don’t need to use it.

Even better, when I’m in stop and go traffic, I’m just ... happy. I crank the radio and just relax, watching the stress going on in all those cars around me! If only they knew ....

Reactions: GtiMart
I avoided a ticket.. sort of.

Well, I drove passed a cop so the the radar pointing at me ( second day of ownership). I was 20 over and the cop didn’t go after me.

i was thinking the cop was distracted cause it’s a Tesla “cool it’s a Tesla!!” Or he was just pretending to be in a speed trap to slow down cars, which is unusual.

still don’t understand what happened. But glad I didn’t get pulled over

• Funny
Reactions: KenC