TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did the 70kwh pack miss out?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by bjwModelS, Aug 19, 2017.

1. bjwModelS

bjwModelS Member

Just noticed the 75 got a 1 second bump on 0-60 time, and when I was purchasing my car in April 2015 the 85kwh had recently received a similar upgrade. Will the 70kwh just be out of luck since they moved away from that # so quickly? Any chance of a future performance upgrade? Or just the unfortunate victim of purchasing at the wrong time?

2. 5thumbs

5thumbs Member

I got the same car about 6 months after you (except mine is not a D). Yea, would be fun to go faster once in awhile!!!

3. azred

azred Member

Unless I missed something, I think the 1 second bump for 75s is only for those built in the past month or so, not mine built in 12/16.

• Like x 2
  4. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I got a July 70D. We got screwed and forgotten

• Funny x 1
  5. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Why would anyone possibly care? If you cared about 0-60 performance, you bought 85 or P85.

6. number12

number12 Active Member

I really love all the you got exactly what you ordered comments on this forum. Just not sure where those people run to when the car gets worse. Throttling charging, limiting launches, not being correctly stated HP, more frequent AP nags, not as solid AP in general, speed limit restrictions on AP, and so on and so on.

• Like x 1
  7. Proxlamus

Proxlamus Member