Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the $7k additional tax rebate pass?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 10.39.31 AM.png

Here you go. You're in CA and may be eligible for CVAP and CVRP, plus the clean fuel program. That saves you pretty much 11k. If you definitely need the tax credit, then by all means wait. but the eventually the current incentives will run out.

View attachment 646291
Here you go. You're in CA and may be eligible for CVAP and CVRP, plus the clean fuel program. That saves you pretty much 11k. If you definitely need the tax credit, then by all means wait. but the eventually the current incentives will run out.

yup cvap is already gone for a few months due to funds exhausted if i would have waited i would have lost out 5k because who knows when they get funds with the backlog they have.

Might as well apply for the 5k cvap and plan to be patient for the 7k federal tax, biden should make it sweet..

I think it really all depends on what they can get rolled into the Infrastructure Bill. From what I read they plan to allocate $50Billion for each of the next 10 years to alternative fuel vehicles (so $500 billion total) Charging network and other incentives but I couldn’t find any details beyond that. The bill was very vague.

As an independent bill I don’t see these getting traction in the house or senate, but that is 100% opinion.

From my reading of the actual bill so far, cars bought during the transition period (defined as the beginning on the date Tesla was no longer able to get the credit until the enactment of this bill) will count towards the 400,000 additional cars and will receive a tax credit of 7000. I am not a lawyer, but here is an excerpt of Section 401 of this bill Text of H.R. 848: GREEN Act of 2021 (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

(1)
In general

In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2021—

(A)
if such vehicle is sold during the transition period, the amount determined under subsection (b)(2) shall be reduced by $500, and

(B)
if such vehicle is sold during the phaseout period, only the applicable percentage of the credit otherwise allowable under subsection (a) shall be allowed.

(2)
Transition period

For purposes of this subsection, the transition period is the period subsequent to the first date on which the number of new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles manufactured by the manufacturer of the vehicle referred to in paragraph (1) sold for use in the United States after December 31, 2009, is at least 200,000.

(ii)
Exclusion period

For purposes of this subparagraph, the exclusion period is the period—

(I)
beginning on the first date on which the number of new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles manufactured by the manufacturer of the vehicle referred to in paragraph (1) sold for use in the United States after December 31, 2009, is at least 200,000, and

(II)
ending on the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2021.

From my reading of the actual bill so far, cars bought during the transition period (defined as the beginning on the date Tesla was no longer able to get the credit until the enactment of this bill) will count towards the 400,000 additional cars and will receive a tax credit of 7000. I am not a lawyer, but here is an excerpt of Section 401 of this bill Text of H.R. 848: GREEN Act of 2021 (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us
This may be true, but it looks like Tesla sold 500,000 cars in 2020 alone, and is way past 600K total.